PDA

View Full Version : Firm lump on belly

Firm lump on belly

BradleyMb
12-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Ok, so I've been scouring the threads for similar situations and have concluded it could be anything from constipation to cancer. So if you could help me in this specific situation I would appreciate it.

Today I noticed a firm bump on Cornelia. Less than 1/4" in length and can be felt on the bottom and sides. It's not squishy but doesn't necessarily feel like a rock. She has literally just jumped in a feeding size so I'm not sure if that could be it. She didn't have any issues eating and hasn't regurged it (could it be bones?). I found some poop/pee combo yesterday but am not 100% if it was from this last feed. I did give her a bath this evening to see if that would help, in the event it was constipation. She hasn't been as active (at least that I've noticed, normally she's very nocturnal), though when I hold her she acts normal.

Here are some pics of it.. any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

BradleyMb
12-02-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm wondering if it could be related to not drinking much? I haven't visibly seen her drink and with not being active maybe she's getting dehydrated, which could equate to having a hard time digesting/constipation + larger feed size? I will put some smaller water dishes in there and see if I can encourage her to drink some this evening. She would normally be due to eat tonight but part of me wants to wait until she's more active again (hunt mode). Thoughts?

AliCat37
12-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't know if I would feed her. Have you spoken to a vet?