PDA

View Full Version : That's been a month now still not eating!?

That's been a month now still not eating!?

weerogue
12-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Always been a great feeder, she just doesn't seem interested in mice anymore even when brained, she just slithers over them ! Would rather go explore, also when I push her belly it feels baggy and not firm anymore, I hope it's just the winter snap and she will return soon but I'm running out of ideas :(

diamondlil
12-07-2013, 07:44 AM
If the temps in her viv are stable the winter shouldn't affect her eating. Are you getting the mice from the same place? I've had trouble before when I switched suppliers

weerogue
12-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah still the same mice hasn't changed, it's as if the mice isn't there she's just not interested :( tbh I haven't changed anything. Being oppertunists ud think they would snap it up, she's more concerned with exploring and getting out her feeding bin. Iv also tried leaving it in her viv

diamondlil
12-07-2013, 07:59 AM
How often are you trying? I'd offer a smaller mouse once a week, really hot

weerogue
12-07-2013, 08:07 AM
She's a year old and on medium mice one a week I just try every week, what would u recommend to get it hot without loosing the goodness from the mice?

diamondlil
12-07-2013, 08:17 AM
A hair dryer! Works a treat but the zombie mice do jump about if you have it on too strong!

weerogue
12-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Funny u should say that cause that's what I have been doing :/ mate if I thaw it out in boiling water? I'm running out of ideas here. Yeah I know what u mean about zombie mice lol

diamondlil
12-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Maybe try a boiled large pink? You pour just boiled water out of a kettle over it and leave for it to go pale and rubbery. Reluctant hatchlings go crazy for them in most cases.

weerogue
12-07-2013, 08:24 AM
aha nice one I try that but iv got a freezer full of medium the now lol new to take a wee trip to pet shop, it's really frustrating tryn to think what it could be!