PDA

View Full Version : Poop and puke mess

Poop and puke mess

plastic
07-24-2004, 01:36 PM
My snow, (who is normally my best eater and least problomatic snake!) had a regurge on the 19th, 4 days after feeding. There wasn't much to it, mostly poop looking mush and a few pink/peach pieces. I think he just ate more than he could digest (we increased food size last meal). Anyway, I left him alone as much as possible, but he never pooped. So I decided to give him a bath today while cleaning his cage since I could see the poop inside him.. snows are good for that. And he let out a huge one, but aside from the normal brownish and white parts, there were runny green parts. I didn't realize until after searching the boards that I should have saved the poop for the vet.. it's long gone down the toilet now. Should I bring him into the vet anyway? Or should I continue waiting the 10 days after regurge and feed him again (definately a smaller meal), then wait and see if he poops green again?

MegF.
07-24-2004, 04:21 PM
I would get him checked by the vet. He could have some sort of bacterial infection, and you wouldn't want it to get out of hand. Better to get him treated while he's still in good weight etc.

Skye
07-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Meg has certainly given you the safest answer, and if money is no issue then go right ahead to the vet. It is always good to have check-ups and not just go when there is something wrong.
It is quite possible that the regurg was due to the increase in food size. Had you tried feeding two of the smaller food sizes at one feeding before you moved up a size? With the regurg. it is quite possible that there wasn't much left to poop and so the fact that he didn't for a while wouldn't have been too big of a cause for worry. A final observation is that poop in the bath doesn't always look quite like what you see in the cage as the water will change how some things appear slightly.
Let us know what you decide to do, and how it goes,
Skye

MegF.
07-24-2004, 09:02 PM
You're right Skye, I am a bit conservative when it comes to the kids! If there were just the regurge, I'd say wait and see, but combined with green poo (although as you say, the water can change the way it looks) I would be a little more concerned. I would hate to have something more than a simple regurge though, and end up with a weakened snake that won't eat.

plastic
07-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the advice guys! With the combo of green poop and regurge I am definately concerned. I'll take him in and see what the vet says. Better safe than sorry!