PDA

View Full Version : Free Camera (Has been re-homed!)

Free Camera (Has been re-homed!)

Nanci
01-19-2014, 10:43 AM
I have an old Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom Camera which is gathering dust. It is 4 megapixels. I'll never use it again. If anyone can give it a good home, I'd be happy to send it off to you. It also has a modest telephoto lens and some filters.

Let me know!

TheFrogman
01-19-2014, 10:55 AM
I have an old Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom Camera which is gathering dust. It is 4 megapixels. I'll never use it again. If anyone can give it a good home, I'd be happy to send it off to you. It also has a modest telephoto lens and some filters.

Let me know!

Wow that's really awesome of you Nanci....someone better scoop this deal up fast.

Nanci
01-19-2014, 10:57 AM
I am just tired of all this stuff sitting around. I think I have FOUR printers that I am not using!

TheFrogman
01-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Yeh, I have a collection of printers myself

Nanci
01-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I got a free printer when I bought my Macbook Air. A nice Epson printer. Wifi. Well, I wanted to print from my phone, it can't. I wanted to be able to print from my old laptop, it can't. It ran out of ink, and the ink is like $100. So I bought a new Brother printer that prints effortlessly from my phone, just by choosing the print tab. And ink is somewhat cheaper. Oh- the printer was $105 or something like that. Printer ink is such a scam.

So if anyone in Gainesville needs an Epson printer with no ink...

TheFrogman
01-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Printer ink is such a scam.

Ha Ha Ha, I just bought ONE printer ink cart yesterday (Black only) $38

Nanci
01-19-2014, 11:17 AM
I also have an Olympus film camera! And every cell phone I have ever owned, except the one I gave Rich333 when I infected him with Apple. Gave away my old grill out at the end of my driveway. Gave my old riding lawnmower to the guy who repaired my heat pump. A set of three cordless phones and an answering machine (dead batteries) need a good home! (New phones have AA batteries!!) So....much....stuff....

Nanci
01-19-2014, 11:19 AM
I love the Brother printer so much. I was up at Rich's the other day, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get my laptop or phone to connect to his printer. Infuriating. Stuff should all just work together.

Oh, I gave my last old-school TV (not flat) to my next door neighbor. It took like two people to get it out of here. She was thrilled to have it!

TheFrogman
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
OMG, I have the Brother 495 CFW that wont recognize any of my wireless devices including my laptop so it sits under my desk collecting dust.

Nanci
01-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Mine's the MFC-J870 DW. Love it. It is also not connected to the laptop by wire.

IowaPrairieWoman
01-19-2014, 04:09 PM
I got a free printer when I bought my Macbook Air. A nice Epson printer. Wifi. . . . It ran out of ink, and the ink is like $100. So I bought a new Brother printer that prints effortlessly from my phone, just by choosing the print tab. And ink is somewhat cheaper. Oh- the printer was $105 or something like that. Printer ink is such a scam.

So if anyone in Gainesville needs an Epson printer with no ink...

Truth is they could give away the printers, the profits are almost exclusively in the ink.

jcdrgnfly
01-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Has the camera been spoken for yet? I'm in desperate need of something better than a phone camera, and I'd love to be able to try and get some pics with a telephoto lens. I'd be happy to pay for shipping :)

PS - The camera used to take my current photos was borrowed from my Mom-in-Law ;) I was hoping to get one for Christmas, but my hinting went over everyone's heads LOL. Thought about investing with my tax refund, but I don't get much, and the incubator and PVC to build another rack are already on the "To-Buy" list :P

Nanci
01-19-2014, 05:47 PM
No it hasn't. PM me your address!

jcdrgnfly
01-19-2014, 05:52 PM
PM sent :) Thank you VERY much Nanci! *hugs* :D

Nanci
01-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Not sure if it's better than a modern-day phone camera, (it's over 10 years old) but as I remember, it was very expensive- probably about $600. I love how as technology gets better, prices drop! Still- better than nothing!

jcdrgnfly
01-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Holy smokes! o_o I can't say I have a very modern cell camera - my phone is an older LG with only 3.2 mp's. I think a pencil sketch might give better quality LOL! And 4 mp's with a zoom lens will be MUCH better! :) I'm still a novice with cameras anyhow, and this will be a great model to practice taking close-ups with :)

Thank you again!! ^_^

Nanci
01-19-2014, 06:21 PM
I was so proud of myself for being able to locate the original box, and I got it all packed in there, and then I noticed it was actually a box from my _first_ digital camera, which was also an Olympus, and I think it wasn't even one megapixel :-) It was the size of a brick! I'm sending the batteries with it, but I really doubt they are still good. Rechargeable. Now I just have to find a box to put it in. I have someone coming over to pick up a couple babies, and had an empty box throwing away frenzy Friday...

jcdrgnfly
01-19-2014, 06:33 PM
LOL, I think we need to have one of those frenzies in my house soon ;) I still have boxes from snakes that were shipped to me 6 months ago. And my daughters added a bunch to the pile on Christmas. Ugh! :P

Nanci
01-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I don't believe I have _ever_ thrown away a snake box! Or deli cup...

jcdrgnfly
01-19-2014, 06:44 PM
LOL! I'll start chalking it up to "normal snake-breeder" behavior then :cheers: ;)

ClutchItAllDay
01-19-2014, 10:52 PM
If you haven't found a home for it yet, I'd be happy to take it. :)

Nanci
01-20-2014, 06:57 AM
It has found a home, sorry!

ClutchItAllDay
01-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Hahaha, yeah I saw the replies. I hope it goes to a good home!