• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help!!

Diego32

So my baby cornsnake hasn't eaten in almost a month. The last time I fed her she regergitated the pinky. And tonight I found her front half of her body upside down. She barely moved when I picked her up. She is also very cold. What should I do?? Im a first time cornsnake owner. Please help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Get her to a vet ASAP

I'm sorry to say though, they rarely come back from that condition.
If there is nothing the vet can do then he/she can humanely euthanize her.

I read your other threads and I congratulate you for asking the right questions.
My concern is you stated how "very cold" your snake is. Comparably to our body temp they should feel cool to the touch but I would not say "very cold".
If she survives this, please restate how you have your Tank set-up for proper temps. I read all your threads and not sure what you ended up doing.

Good luck :( .....................

Yeah she died this morning :/ the vet said it might of been that she came sick from Petco or that she could of swallowed aspen. She was only 5 grams

Yeah my first one. In the future I'll get an older one. And definitely not from Petco

Yeah she died this morning :/ the vet said it might of been that she came sick from Petco or that she could of swallowed aspen. She was only 5 grams

I'm sorry for your loss :(

If you decide to try again, I would suggest getting a well started corn snake.
Somewhere in the 20+ gram range.
A hatchling at 5 grams is pretty much right out of the egg. Let the breeder get it thriving for you. As a first time snake owner, a 5 gram hatchling is just way to delicate. If Petco is at fault for something, it would be for selling hatchlings without the proper amount of meals in them.

Again So sorry for her passing..........

I truly feel your pain on this one. I was hoping it would have turned out differently, but those were the EXACT same symptoms Plissken had shown right before passing. Also came from Petco (not that I'm blaming them, as he was fine for the first month or so). It was so heart breaking I decided I would probably never get another baby, and instead just look for 6-12 month olds.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks guys. Yeah ill definitely get a bigger one. Do you guys know of any good places around northwest arkansas? Or online?

I'm also sorry for your loss!!!
Sometimes hatchling just fail to thrive through no fault of the owner.

There are alot of good breeders right here on this site! However it's always a good idea to check the BOI (board of inquiry) over at Faunaclassifieds.com before purchasing a reptile online from anyone.

Back