PDA

View Full Version : 2 bad sheds

2 bad sheds

cloudgodd
02-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Ok my Albino Cornsnake has had 2 bad sheds so far I have been keeping a moist cloth in her hide for humidity and she spends most of the day in there....

I live in Colorado where there is little to no humidity in the air so I think she is not getting moist enough.

I have the cage lined with newspaper, and about a handful of aspen chips in the hide for her to burrow...

Also she does not go into her water bowl for anything but to drink she does not soak as I have heard they do.

Is there another way to get more humidity to the cage? should I buy a fogger?

cloudgodd
02-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Sorry also I do the bath to remove the rest of the shed, I am looking for a permanent fix thank you

Nanci
02-24-2014, 01:55 PM
You can make her a humid hide using orchid moss (buy at Lowes). Dampen the moss when she goes blue. Also, when you notice she is blue, place a sheet of plastic wrap over her screen lid- just laying on it, not sealed. Then mist the walls/plants daily.

AliCat37
02-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Nanci's advice is great. I'm not sure why some corns have issues shedding here, mine don't. But I only have one in a tank. I would do the humidity hide thing, and the plastic sheet

lonewolf19k
02-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Agreed I did the moss thinig and Peelz shed remains came right off.

cloudgodd
02-24-2014, 07:03 PM
cool thank you so only moisten it when she is blue or can I moisten it everyday? and does it need replacement? and how long between replacement?

Nanci
02-24-2014, 07:13 PM
You just need to moisten it when she goes blue. If you have it in a covered container, with a hole for her to get in, it will stay damp long enough. You get it wet, then wring it out as much as you can. Then let it dry out until the next time. You don't need to replace it until it gets too broken down. It doesn't go bad.

cloudgodd
02-24-2014, 07:46 PM
cool thank you