PDA

View Full Version : Finicky eaters...

Finicky eaters...

rolph1414
07-27-2004, 12:43 AM
My cornsnakes are great eaters! Never saw a mouse they didn't like...

On the other hand, I have two rosey boas..

The female eats great.

The male forget about it!! He has gone two to three months without eating. Then out of the blue, he eats!!!

Anyone else have this happen with this same snake????

Acradon
07-27-2004, 02:57 AM
My corns are SAVAGES. They rip the fuzzys out of my hand. On the other hand my Python regius is refusing food for long periods. I am currently getting a bit worried.

I think corns are generally very good eaters once they have started eating. Boas and Pythons are a bit more picky.

Acradon

Elaphe_Mo
07-27-2004, 09:01 AM
I never had this problem (other than normal breeding season behavior) with corns, but I also keep Kenyan Sand Boas. The males just stop eating from time to time. I had one who didn't want food from November through April/May. He didn't lose any weight at all (within the error of my scale) until about a week before he started eating again. Since then I have given up worrying about them when they miss a few meals.

plastic
07-27-2004, 09:04 AM
One of my corns is very picky! He'll skip a meal or two sometimes, other times he -must- have live mice or he won't eat at all! The little guy is so tiny, I bet there are '04s bigger than him already.

rolph1414
07-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks for your responses. Like I said....my 4 corn snakes are BIG LEAGUE eaters!!

Like some of you my boas stop from time to time and don't lose any weight so I am just going to go with the flow!!!