• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornsnake not eating

Tanya20

It's around 6/7 month old, shed a full shed just less then 3weeks ago and still won't eat. I've tried going back to pinkies too see if it will at least eat them but it won't.
The snakes is active like normal, all temps are correct and i have been to the shop i got it from and they just told me not to worry until it gets to around 7weeks of not eating. She said it's because it's just shed that it won't eat but all the times before it just eats the food straight away when offered, no thinking about it.

Any one got any idea with whats going on?

Okay, a few questions.

What does the snake weigh? If you don't have a scale, I recommend this one, it measures in 1/10ths of grams so you can weigh your mouse as well. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJFJDGS/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What are the temps and how are they regulated? A cold snake sometimes has problems with digestion.

Boil a pinkie, "brain" it (slice cuts into its head and back, making it smell of blood) and try using tongs to hold it by the tail and dangle it near the snake. If still no go, place the snake in a small plastic container with lid and small airholes, place the pinky in with the snake and let it be for at least a few hours.

I haven't got any scales yet, need to buy some.

I have it around 84/86 lower it at night. Got thermostats on both ends and a ministat 100.

Just tried it by putting a couple of slices in and it took it straight away, worry over. Thanks so much!

YAY!!! Now keep an eye on her for regurge. The warm temp will help her digest. But don't lower the temps at night, your UTH is under one end that keeps it around 85° and the other end is cooler so if she wants cooler she can choose on her own. Only one thermostat is needed, but it is nice to have a probe thermometer at both ends. Once you have the right temp don't mess with it.

Back