PDA

View Full Version : can anybody help me please

can anybody help me please

charlie1 junior1
04-17-2014, 07:01 PM
hi their what it is that i brought an adult albino cornsnake he is 3 yrs old and ive owned him for 2 weeks now and he hasnt done a poo should i worry about this as i have no idea?? many thanks guys

Kate
04-17-2014, 10:30 PM
When is the last time he ate? What is he eating? Type of substrate(could you just not be seeing poop)?

LazyLemming
04-17-2014, 10:34 PM
2 weeks won't hurt him. He could be nervous about the new home, or pooped shortly before you got him. When was the last time he ate? Also check the tank very carefully, they can be really sneaky with their poops. Iggy likes to poop in corners buried under all the substrate.

If he continues to not poop you can give him a plain water bath to try and coax it out of him, but I doubt it will be necessary. I would just wait.

Nanci
04-18-2014, 05:32 AM
Maybe he pooped before you got him?

How often are you feeding?

smigon
04-18-2014, 06:30 AM
What are the temperatures in your viv and how are you controlling them?

Please give us as much information as you can, from type of cage, heating method, what is his weight, what is he feeding on, etc.

charlie1 junior1
04-18-2014, 07:05 AM
h their thanks guys for the advise i feed him once a week that what i got told but have no clue and his temperature is controlled by a thermostat heat mate. and he is feed on medium mice but have no idea if that is correct

smigon
04-18-2014, 07:57 AM
h their thanks guys for the advise i feed him once a week that what i got told but have no clue and his temperature is controlled by a thermostat heat mate. and he is feed on medium mice but have no idea if that is correct

You need to get the temps of that UTH! Get a small probe thermometer and place it directly over the UTH on top of the glass under the substrate. This should be at about 87° so the top of the substrate is about 85°. You need a hide at both ends, the warm and cool sides. The temp control is very important, you don't want to burn the snake.

What is his weight? Keep good records of his weight before each feeding, when he shed, when he is in blue, and any other pertinent info. But the weight factor is also key in telling us if he is being fed properly. Here is a good guide to feeding corns, it really comes in handy when looking the right size prey.

http://www.medusa-corns.webs.com/feedingchart.htm

Let us know what the temps are and what his weight is.

charlie1 junior1
04-18-2014, 08:03 AM
i dont now hes weight the temps is at 85

charlie1 junior1
04-19-2014, 08:23 AM
thanks every one i have find hes poo many thanks jay

smigon
04-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Hooray for poo!

Here is the scale I use, it is digital and can be used for grams.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJFJDGS/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I always weigh each snake before I feed it, write it down in a journal (I am a writer and use the old-time Composition books, but there are charts online to keep track) with the date, what they weigh, what they ate (or didn't), when in blue, when they shed, and anything else out of the ordinary.

This will help you keep track if you think something is wrong.