PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mystic Exotics Cornsnake project (Miami Tessera X Miami-2nd gen.) HATCHLINGS!!!

2014 Mystic Exotics Cornsnake project (Miami Tessera X Miami-2nd gen.) HATCHLINGS!!!

MysticExotics
04-22-2014, 10:21 PM
I wasn't initially going to do this pairing, but I had a couple requests, so I had to borrow a Miami female from my friend Tara.

I paired Daisy (LBR line Miami female originally from Katie H) with Brokk (Miami Tessera male produced by myself (and Tara, I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz).
Daisy is an LBR line Miami and is poss het for Amel and Motley
Brokk is poss het Amel

This is my first year producing babies from a parent that I produced.
I have to say, it's pretty exciting!

Daisy laid 12 perfect pearly white eggs on Friday, April 18.

Now for the countdown! :)

6/23/14- I'm adding pics of the dam/sire to the Miami Tessera

Brokk's Dam was an odd looking Miami phase, that I have no history on. (I recently found out that she is het Amel, as one of her offspring recently produced Amels).

His Sire was an Okeetee Tessera, with no hets. (Pics of Taz were taken by Tara)

spyderk
04-23-2014, 01:33 AM
Miamis are beautiful! I can see why you had requests.

MysticExotics
04-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Thank you!

TyeW
04-23-2014, 02:19 AM
Wow..miama tessera has got to be my favorite morph at this point. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

MysticExotics
04-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Thank you! Miami Tessera is my favorite, as well. :)

Walter Smith
04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Congrats Heather !! That male Miami Tessera is amazing looking !!

My Miami Tessera girl did excellent with the entire process, of course you know this is her first year breeding. She laid 23 eggs total ( 21 fertile / 2 infertile ) on 4-22.

Here is a pic. of her breeding ID photo & her in the nest box. Thought you might be interested in her progress??

Hope you don't mind me posting the pics. for ya? If ya do, please delete my post and sorry.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

MysticExotics
04-24-2014, 04:51 PM
No worries.
Thanks for posting updated pics of her! It's always fun to see how the babies you produced turn out!
Congrats on the eggs!

Walter Smith
04-24-2014, 06:37 PM
No worries.
Thanks for posting updated pics of her! It's always fun to see how the babies you produced turn out!
Congrats on the eggs!

Good deal. I thought you might like to know how she did and Thanks !!
I know it will be a while, but I can't wait for her eggs to hatch.

The sire Candycane is from Carol and her Miami line is strong, so I think the offspring are going to be amazing !!

Walter

MysticExotics
04-24-2014, 07:59 PM
I imagine those babies are going to be pretty spectacular.
Tara and I were incredibly happy with how the 1st generation Miami Tessera's turned out. We fully expected it to take a couple generations to get that Miami look, so needless to say, these Miami Tessera's are ahead of the game already, but turning out so nice.

Walter Smith
04-24-2014, 09:02 PM
I imagine those babies are going to be pretty spectacular.
Tara and I were incredibly happy with how the 1st generation Miami Tessera's turned out. We fully expected it to take a couple generations to get that Miami look, so needless to say, these Miami Tessera's are ahead of the game already, but turning out so nice.

I agree. As most of us know, when you start a new project with Miami and any non-Miami, most of the time the F1 gen usually still has alot residual orange wash.

That's what I mean about Carol's Miami line being strong. In 2009 I used my Miami het Motley from Carol to a Amel Bloodred (Pic. 1) to start a project and the F1 gen was amazingly close to textbook Miami coloration...(Pic. 2 as adults now)

Walter

MysticExotics
06-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Tomorrow will be 42 days incubating. I checked on the eggs and it appears all 12 are growing! I'm super excited for this clutch!!

MysticExotics
06-23-2014, 04:24 PM
One of Brokk's siblings recently proved out to be het Amel, and having done some research, the dam in this project is poss het Amel and poss het Motley, so just maybe I might luck out and have Amel babies in this clutch.
I'm more focused on the 2nd generation Miami Tessera's with this clutch, but I will be testing out some hets down the road.

At day 66, and the eggs are getting softer, so I know I'm close! :)

Kris13
06-24-2014, 01:23 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Miami Tessera is the next morph I want, if I can afford it. (g)

MysticExotics
06-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Thank you Kris!

MysticExotics
06-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Day 67! I called it!! I have pippies!!
Three have pipped. One had its head out but retreated when I opened the bin.

It has begun!!!

I am so excited for this clutch!!!
Both parents are possible het Amel, but I'm actually hoping that all of the Tessera's are just Miami.

It is going to be nearly impossible not to check on them every 5 minutes! LOL

Walter Smith
06-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Day 67! I called it!! I have pippies!!
Three have pipped. One had its head out but retreated when I opened the bin.

It has begun!!!

I am so excited for this clutch!!!
Both parents are possible het Amel, but I'm actually hoping that all of the Tessera's are just Miami.

It is going to be nearly impossible not to check on them every 5 minutes! LOL

CONGRATS HEATHER !!!
Looking forward to see what you get.

Walter

MysticExotics
06-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks!
Four Miami noses poking out when I left for work. I hope to find a couple emerged later tonight.

spyderk
06-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Yay! I am looking forward to checking on this thread later tonight.

MysticExotics
06-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Murphy has been kind to me on this clutch!
While Amel babies would have been cool, I really wanted all Miami's, and it looks like that's what I'm getting!

Also, so far, I have SEVEN Miami Tessera's, and four Miami's. 1 baby has not yet pipped. I was hoping for 50% Tessera's, especially since the clutch is small (only 12 eggs), and I got more than half in Tessera's! Yay!!

Three have fully emerged so far. Two Miami Tessera's and one Miami.

In order, the pics are:
DAI-01 Miami Tessera (I think the borders on this one will be nice!)
DAI-02 Miami Tessera (This one looks like it will have the sire's coloring!)
DAI-03 Miami (I love the near banded look on this one!)

*I will get better pics of them after they shed. I wanted to snap quick pics as I put them in their bins.

MysticExotics
06-25-2014, 07:21 PM
A fourth baby (Miami) has emerged.
Five more Tessera's waiting to emerge, and three more Miami's.

I will take more pics toniight after I get off work.

MysticExotics
06-26-2014, 03:57 AM
More babies have emerged!
There are two more Tessera's and one more Miami to emerge, they're just hanging out for now.

I see a few that look like they will look like Brokk. I'm looking forward to their first shed to get a better look!

In order, more pics:

DAI-04 Miami (I'll have to retake a better photo)
DAI-05 Miami Tessera
DAI-06 Miami
DAI-07 Miami Tessera
DAI-08 Miami

MysticExotics
06-26-2014, 04:02 AM
This one is most likely going to be a keeper.

DAI-09 Miami Tessera

Three more to emerge (two Tessera's and one more Miami).
I'm looking forward to their first shed!

MysticExotics
06-26-2014, 05:11 AM
Of course I had to check again before going to bed, and both remaining Tessera's emerged. The last Miami is still hanging out in the egg.

DAI-10 Miami Tessera
DAI-11 Miami Tessera (this one was in the huge egg)
DAI-12 Miami

MysticExotics
06-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Last one finally decided to emerge! (S)he was the last to pip, and hung out in the egg for a while.
I think this one is going to have pretty good coloring, similar to the sire.

100% hatch rate, I cannot complain.
I was glad I didn't get any Amels this time around, but I will try to prove out that het on a future pairing.

LRDJ
06-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Congrats Heather! They look phenomenal..... Thanks for sharing!

Orlando

MysticExotics
06-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Congrats Heather! They look phenomenal..... Thanks for sharing!

Orlando

Thank you Orlando! I'm anxious for them to shed!

carriecat2
06-27-2014, 01:37 PM
They are beautiful! I'm really new to the realm of snakes, so I'm still trying to wrap my mind on the color of hatchling vs. adults, it's amazing seeing the parents and babies, very educational for newbies like me. Congrats and thanks!

MysticExotics
06-27-2014, 02:52 PM
They are beautiful! I'm really new to the realm of snakes, so I'm still trying to wrap my mind on the color of hatchling vs. adults, it's amazing seeing the parents and babies, very educational for newbies like me. Congrats and thanks!

Thank you Carrie! They do change quite a bit from when they hatch.
I noticed Brokk (the sire) had a little bit different look to him, even at first hatching. He was my first pick for a holdback, and I am so glad that I did!

I"ll post some pics of some of the babies that we produced in 2011, before and after.

First is Brokk, the sire to this clutch and my favorite Cornsnake. :)
Just out of the egg, after a couple sheds, and as an adult.

MysticExotics
06-27-2014, 03:03 PM
The Dam in Walter Smith's Miami/Candycane clutch is one of our babies, and a sibling to Brokk's.

Here is her hatchling pic, after a couple sheds, and as an adult (Walter's photo).

Most of them turned out more like Walter's female.

Don Soderberg has one of the Miami Tessera's from that clutch as well.

When I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz, I thought that since he was an Okeetee Tessera, that it would take at least a couple generations to get a nice, Miami look.

Needless to say, we were very happy to find that the babies looked so Miami in the first generation!

MysticExotics
06-27-2014, 03:04 PM
There are a few babies in this clutch that look like they will look more like Brokk, the sire.

I'm very excited about that!

carriecat2
06-27-2014, 03:04 PM
WOW! The color changed so much! He was so much darker as a baby! As his color changed, the contrast on the pattern is detailed, all that black lining! COOL! Nice pictures, he's one beautiful snake!

MysticExotics
06-27-2014, 03:14 PM
WOW! The color changed so much! He was so much darker as a baby! As his color changed, the contrast on the pattern is detailed, all that black lining! COOL! Nice pictures, he's one beautiful snake!
Thanks! I'm very happy with how he turned out!!

I posted this right after, not sure if you saw it.
There are subtle differences in the hatchling pics between my male Brokk, and Walter Smith's female (pictured in the previous post), and how different they turned out as adults.

That's one of the fun things with producing babies, is seeing how they turn out as adults.

The Dam in Walter Smith's Miami/Candycane clutch is one of our babies, and a sibling to Brokk's.

Here is her hatchling pic, after a couple sheds, and as an adult (Walter's photo).

Most of them turned out more like Walter's female.

Don Soderberg has one of the Miami Tessera's from that clutch as well.

When I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz, I thought that since he was an Okeetee Tessera, that it would take at least a couple generations to get a nice, Miami look.

Needless to say, we were very happy to find that the babies looked so Miami in the first generation!

carriecat2
06-27-2014, 04:34 PM
That little hatching looks almost black ... So there's no real way to tell how a baby will grow into adult (just like in the human world), the pattern seems pretty stable, color is more a surprise. If that dark dark hatching turns out to be so colorful, how do you determine which one to hold back from a clutch?

MysticExotics
06-27-2014, 04:40 PM
That little hatching looks almost black ... So there's no real way to tell how a baby will grow into adult (just like in the human world), the pattern seems pretty stable, color is more a surprise. If that dark dark hatching turns out to be so colorful, how do you determine which one to hold back from a clutch?

It's easier to tell in person, when looking at the babies.
Sometimes there's just something that catches your eye about. DAI-09, for example, caught my eye, and will be staying with me, at least for a while. There are a few that I think will turn out like the sire, color/sharpness wise.

carriecat2
06-27-2014, 05:02 PM
It's truly fascinating, thanks for explaining it :)

MysticExotics
06-27-2014, 08:03 PM
No problem :)

Kris13
06-28-2014, 02:40 AM
oh! Congrats on the beautiful babies. I'm starting to save my money. (g)

MysticExotics
06-28-2014, 02:58 AM
Thank you! I will post more pics after they shed!

MysticExotics
08-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Apparently I failed to post any more photos of the babies in this thread, but I did start THIS (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137320) thread, for available babies from this clutch, which have post-shed photos.

MysticExotics
08-29-2015, 08:41 PM
This one is most likely going to be a keeper.

DAI-09 Miami Tessera

Three more to emerge (two Tessera's and one more Miami).
I'm looking forward to their first shed!

This is the one I kept, and I am glad I did! She reminded me of her Sire, Brokk, and she is exceeding my expectations of how I thought she'd turn out!

I finally got around to naming her too. LOL
This is "Echo" :)