PDA

View Full Version : Petco corn snake quick question please

Petco corn snake quick question please

jakeelias93
05-11-2014, 11:40 PM
recently bought a pet from petco (bad decision according to every pet enthusiast on the planet) but i did and i think its a he. He has a noticeable bulg and a quick drop off after his vent. but its about 2 days after i bought him and hes got a partial shed. his upper half has shed but the bottom is still coming off, i put him in warm but not hot water in order to moisten his shed but is there anything else i can do to help him finish out his shed? hes pretty active but isn't very quick, a very calm snake pretty much, just curious. he did eat right when i got him. just wondering if i should be concerned about his partial shed.

MysticExotics
05-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Many of us prefer to go through breeders that we know and trust, than pet stores, but some pet stores do get quality animals, and I see no problem in picking one up from there.

From what I was told, some big chain pet stores do get babies from breeders who send the last of their stock to clear out for new babies.

What I do not support, are stores that routinely treat their animals poorly and have sick/dying animals, and when people buy their animals, it continues the cycle. Some stores (even individual big name stores) do have knowledgable employees who take good care of their animals.

You can try making a humid hide, with a deli cup, and a damp papertowel, or sphagnum moss and putting it in thei enclosure with the snake.
It has the moisture, as well as some sort of surface to give friction to help aid in removing the rest of the shed, rather than just water.

Can you post a pic of the buldge you are talking about?

AliCat37
05-12-2014, 08:27 AM
The bulge sounds more like poop to me.

Chip
05-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Also, always a good idea to measure temperature of water before putting a snake in. Water that is warm to the touch is far too hot for a corn. 100 degree water doesn't feel warm at all.

jakeelias93
05-12-2014, 02:42 PM
He just pooped yesterday. But note taken about the water abs deli cup. I might try that today. I'll upload pictures in a second.