PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to shed?

Getting ready to shed?

amigo1016
05-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Recently between finals and work I have been very busy for the last week. I fed Jordy 5 days ago and everything was fine, but a bit rushed. Over the last few days he has been hiding more under the substrate and its been hard keeping track of him. Now I was handling him this morning and I was wondering if I might have missed his milky phase. If I did what signs would I need to look for? Should I feed him? Or raise the humidity and see what happens?

MysticExotics
05-20-2014, 02:21 AM
If he has adequate water, he should be fine, no need for misting.
If he has had any trouble shedding in the past, you can put a deli with a damp papertowel or damp sphagnum moss in his enclosure to aid in shedding.
They typically hide during the shed phase, even the clear phase, from I have noticed, and then get active right before shedding.

I wouldn't feed him of you think he's in shed, wait until after he sheds.

amigo1016
05-20-2014, 02:29 AM
If he has adequate water, he should be fine, no need for misting.
If he has had any trouble shedding in the past, you can put a deli with a damp papertowel or damp sphagnum moss in his enclosure to aid in shedding.
They typically hide during the shed phase, even the clear phase, from I have noticed, and then get active right before shedding.

I wouldn't feed him of you think he's in shed, wait until after he sheds.

OK. I haven't fed him in 5 days, how long can he go without food?

hypnoctopus
05-20-2014, 12:56 PM
He can go a very long time without food before it starts to be a health issue.