PDA

View Full Version : Wheezing

Wheezing

cobstein
05-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, one of my girls is getting a little fat, so I decided to bring her swimming. I filled the bath tub up so that she wouldn't touch the bottom. When I let her go in she dunked right under, including her head. Now she is wheezing and there is a little clicking when she breaths. I think she'll be alright but I would like your opinion. Also aren't they born with the instinct to swim. All of my others can.

Thanks

smigon
05-27-2014, 03:02 AM
Are you sure she isn't gravid?

If she isn't, not all corns like swimming, and dunking her like that is kind of cruel, don't you think? If she can't feel the bottom or the sides and can't get out on her own, she is going to panic, just like anyone would do.

If she needs to lose weight, start by looking at her diet. What is her weight and what are you feeding her?

I would take her out for exercise daily, have her slither from hand to hand like a treadmill, and I think someone a while ago showed a video of doing a "figure 8" kind of exercise. Also, if you don't have pesticides on your lawn, some outdoor well-monitored slithering is good for them too.

As for the clicking and breathing, I am not an expert on that, I hope it isn't a bad sign. Someone else should weigh in on it soon.

cobstein
05-27-2014, 06:51 AM
She is only a year and a half old so she isn't gravid. She has been swimming before and she could keep her head out of the water. When she went in I just think she wasn't expecting it. I think the wheezing and clicking are her trying to clear out the water like we do. I would like another opinion.

Thanks

Fizz
05-27-2014, 08:05 AM
It may just be a little water in her that's trying to clear out. Although could it be that you've never noticed it before? Or is it definitely after the bath. If she's on aspen or something it could be the dust, that you've just noticed the wheezing until now?

cobstein
05-27-2014, 12:17 PM
I held her for a while before hand I didn't hear it before the bath I think it is a little water that she is trying to clear