PDA

View Full Version : why wont my snake sit still

why wont my snake sit still

nickcorns85
06-06-2014, 05:24 PM
ever sense the beginning of spring my 7 year old corn has been roaming its cage none stop.his warm side is regulated with a thermostat and is in the 80's and the cold side in the 70's. he eats large adult mice but he's still going none stop like he cant get comfortable.

TyeW
06-06-2014, 06:01 PM
He is probably looking for a female to mate with. Its quite common with males throughout spring to partake in these active behaviors

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

nickcorns85
06-06-2014, 06:05 PM
ive been told that i just thought the fact mine hasnt lost his appetite might mean its something different. i did get a female about 3 months ago but she wont even be a year old until September

hypnoctopus
06-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Skipping meals and being very active are the two main behaviors of a corn looking for a mate, but not all males will do both or either. And they can also act this way even if there isn't a female around.

nancyg
06-07-2014, 03:46 AM
look at it this way, he's getting some exercise on his own!!

smigon
06-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Are you 100% sure he's a male? Yes, my boys were kind of nutty this spring, but the girls were worse, and it turned out they were gravid and looking frantically for a place to lay. One just laid 8 slugs in the middle of the viv, then it dawned on me that this could be the problem with my other girl and I put in a lay box for her. She went in, laid 12 slugs, crawled out and died. Her tail was barely out of the box when I found her. I feel so bad, but I never thought this could happen.

This is why I am double checking the sex of yours!

nickcorns85
06-11-2014, 01:58 PM
no im not sure at all i just call it a he, he or she is 7 years old and has never laid slugs.

smigon
06-13-2014, 07:51 AM
no im not sure at all i just call it a he, he or she is 7 years old and has never laid slugs.

Do you have any other snakes in the room? If you do then it is the pheromones that are making him go nuts! Welcome to the world of teenage boy (snakes)!

nickcorns85
06-14-2014, 08:13 PM
the females tank is under his. i didnt think she was old enough to interest him but i guess i should name him creeper.