• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How long does it take to digest?

shezomru

Just curious, cuz my baby ate a pinky head, and she pooed a day later. I know I should feed her a larger item, I jus figured a small one the first time, to be safe. If the food is the right size, how long until they poop?

Hi shezomru,

I believe, in part, it depends on what your snake has eaten and how quickly the specimen metabolizes food. Pinkies or partial pinkies will be digested much quicker than an adult mouse because their bones and muscles are more fully developed. However, on average, I found that my pinkie eaters poo'd 3 days after a meal. When moved up to fuzzies they poo'd somewhere in the 3-5 day range on average. Now they're on small mice but I don't have enough data yet to give you an average, however my guess would be somewhere in the 5-7 day range. Another factor to consider is how large the meal was and did you feed multiples. Also, an active snake, that moves around the cage a lot, will be more likely to have a higher metabolism and digest a meal more quickly. I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jason

Last edited:
My amel is on medium adult mice, and she still is out and about after 3 days to poop. She has never varied in the time, even when I went up in size, unless I was feeding her too small an amount, and then she was out in a day like Shezomru's. I would double the feed (in your case, try a whole small pinky) and then she'd be back to 3 days again.

Back