PDA

View Full Version : Regurge or poop?

Regurge or poop?

twistedallegory
06-20-2014, 07:58 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/21/9a9aqu7u.jpg

Fayth's poop has never looked like this before which leads me to believe it's not. She had two pinkies a week ago and weighed 20g at the time. Temps on warm side are usually around 83-84F. Maybe this is too cool? I'm using a ReptiTherm but I think I may need to invest in the HydroFarm thermostat. I've just never had an issue until now.

All she ate tonight was one pinky (refused the other one) and after discovering this, I didn't want to push the issue.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH93
06-20-2014, 08:02 PM
If it still has the shape of a mouse, it probably is...
I'd say that's a regurge.
I know you've already fed, but please check out the regurge protocol on this forum and follow it. I hear it's the best for a bad situation.

All the best!

hypnoctopus
06-20-2014, 08:03 PM
I've had a few like that (well, my snake has), and I was never 100% certain if it was a regurge or not. My snake had one of those when the temps dipped too low during digestion, so I consider it a partial regurge (I also found regular poop at the same time). I went ahead with the regurge protocol anyway; better safe than sorry!

Nanci
06-20-2014, 08:04 PM
I vote regurge.

Nythain
06-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Based on the fleshy color and held shape, my vote is for regurge too.

BloodyBaroness
06-20-2014, 11:00 PM
I vote regurge.

Did it smell like the unholy offspring of a dead whale and a rotting sandwich?

Chip
06-21-2014, 10:49 AM
That didn't come from the cloaca. Regurge.

twistedallegory
06-21-2014, 11:47 AM
@BloodyBaroness - Actually, no, it didn't. :\

Okay, I guess it's a regurge then. -_____- I've raised the temps on her warm side so hopefully she'll hold down this meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chip
06-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Best not to feed her at all for a couple of weeks after a regurge.

twistedallegory
06-21-2014, 10:32 PM
Best not to feed her at all for a couple of weeks after a regurge.

I found the regurge after I'd already put her in her feeding container. :( She only ate one pinky which is half her regular meal so I really hope everything digests okay. Ugh, I feel like a horrible mommy. :cry:

Nythain
06-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Don't feel bad. Happens to the best of em. You just really have to walk carefully from here. Even if she keeps the pinky down, it's probably best to get some nutribac asap and follow the regurge protocol. Each consecutive regurge will just bring her closer to the point of no return.