PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Straight Out of Blue

Feeding Straight Out of Blue

MissMaddieMoo
07-31-2014, 11:38 PM
I know not to feed snakes while they are in blue, but is it alright to feed them after they are out of blue? Like those two or three days in between where their eyes aren't fogged over?
I ask because I have the female that I got that was cohabbed by the previous owner and laid eggs recently and she is just about to go through her post-egg laying shed and she hasn't eaten a full size meal for probably four or five weeks and she's starting to look around for food and get snappy.
Is it alright to feed her?
She came out of blue two days ago.

And my baby corn who hasn't eaten this week is also two days out of blue.
Or should I wait a few more days for a shed?

hypnoctopus
08-01-2014, 01:10 AM
I personally don't feed at any stage in the shedding process. It really will not hurt either one of them to wait a few days for them to shed.

Nythain
08-01-2014, 01:56 AM
I would say that time period between clearing up and actually shedding would theoretically be the worst potential time to feed. And it's not gonna hurt the snake to go a few more days anyways.

MysticExotics
08-01-2014, 02:03 AM
I would say that time period between clearing up and actually shedding would theoretically be the worst potential time to feed. And it's not gonna hurt the snake to go a few more days anyways.

I agree with this. Any shed related regurges I have had were in the clear phase.

Shiari
08-01-2014, 03:37 AM
This year I have had to help hatchlings shed that were offered their first meal before they had shed (I had miscounted sheds and thought everyone was done). They were unable to get their skin past their meal and were very distressed by it. Luckily I have had no regurges from it.

Nanci
08-01-2014, 05:11 AM
I sure wouldn't do it. It's even safest to wait a day or two after shed.