PDA

View Full Version : Scales looking weird. Bad shed or...?

Scales looking weird. Bad shed or...?

kurt1288
08-21-2014, 12:02 AM
Roughly two weeks ago, my corn had a bad shed. First time that's happened. I did what was the suggested method and placed him in a separate container with some water on the bottom + cloth. What I though was the rest of his shed he got rid of quickly and easily and everything looked good.

Now today, I notice that he has some scales that are looking like they failed to shed. So I did the same method as before, but this time it doesn't even seem like he attempt to get rid of whatever it is.

Here's a bunch of pictures I took: http://imgur.com/a/fsaMS

I haven't noticed any change in his behavior. He's still quite active and very alert. Since it's summer, it's been a little warmer in the room (80-85) and humidity has been in the 60-65ish range, which is really what is almost always is year round (and he's never had problems).

If it is a bad shed, what is there left to try? If it's not a shed, then what is it? Thanks.

smigon
08-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Since they are on the body and not a problem to the snake like a tail tip or eye cap retention would be, I would watch him closely to see if they come off with the next shed.

I have this happen once in a while, I use my fingernail to see if it is shed caught between scales, if it is the next shed has always gotten rid of the problem.

I am interested to see what more experienced members think.