PDA

View Full Version : Yay hades ate tonight !!!!

Yay hades ate tonight !!!!

kim.robinson.5682944
08-25-2014, 11:54 PM
I would love to thank all you guys for wonderful forums and support .he finally ate and I am on a fast track to raising two beautiful healthy snakes. he ate buy tuna flavoured pinkie :) I guess that is the menu for awhile.i am so excited I thought I was gunna have to tube feed him or force feed him I was not looking forward to that,considering it could be dangerous but just in case …what signs do I look for ,for regurgitation? praying it doesn't happen.

Kimber

ravendance
08-26-2014, 01:04 PM
I would leave him completely alone for at least 2-3 days (just make sure he has access to water), keep an eye out for any regurge and in about 4-5 days or so if everything goes well you should find where he went to the bathroom. If you have him on paper towel substrate it might be easier to see/find (if not, that's ok, I use aspen for my snakes, no need to move him or anything) It just means that you'll have to look a bit harder for it. And I would strongly advise not moving handling at all for at least 2-3 days...Eventually you should be able to trick him into thinking that the mouse "is" a tuna fish...

cguarino30
08-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Congrats. Its amazing how good it feels when they finally eat, isn't it?

kim.robinson.5682944
08-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Yes it is my fiancé thought I was a nut job when I text him In Excitement last night about it. He thinks I have gotten way too attached to this little guy but he is an amazing creature of nature.last night I offered him two different pinkies one with ivory dish soap and one with tuna juice the first one he crawled over and snubbed his nose at then I offered him the tune one oh boy he was on it like white on rice!! He snatched it up soo quickly then he took about 5to 6 minutes to get it all the way in I kept sneeking a peek trying to give him privacy.

Kimber

Nanci
08-27-2014, 05:50 AM
It's so funny how a different scent is the key to getting them to eat- but it can be different with every snake, even every snake in a clutch!