PDA

View Full Version : Baby corn not pooing

Baby corn not pooing

EZLSD
09-07-2014, 07:48 AM
I fed my little corn ( 4 months old, 25g's, 20 inches long) a small pinkie on Sunday the 31st ( a week ago today) he ate fine and in less than a minute. I then fed him again Tuesday because I did some research and it didn't seem enough and he also missed the feed before due to me buyin him and transporting him. I fed him 2 small pinkies on the Tuesday and I know people are going to tell me off for feeding him before he passed the other one but I felt he would be hungry. It's been a week since the first feed and I've had him 11 days with no poo. He's got three small pinkies inside him now and he's due to feed today! Would you guys feed him, if so one or two pinkies? Or wait till he poos? Also any ideas on why he's not pooing would be great. Thanks

Nanci
09-07-2014, 09:49 AM
No, don't feed him. Don't touch him. Don't ever feed him less than 4-5 days apart.

He's big enough to be eating two pinks or one peach fuzzy- but don't do anything now until you see him out and active.

How do you know he hasn't pooped? What substrate is he on? Has he been out at all in the last few days? Is it possible he's blue? (Don't bother him to check- just observe whether he's been out and active in the last several days.)

EZLSD
09-07-2014, 09:55 AM
There isn't any poo anywhere and I've been checking. I have handled him but not till 3 days after his feed but I'll leave him alone now till he goes. I'm using aspen bedding. Yeah he has been out when I handled him. He's not blue at all but I will monitor him and he hasn't been active at all really I've seen him out once coiled up at the warm end and the rest of the time he's been in his hide

Nanci
09-07-2014, 09:58 AM
If he's blue, he isn't going to come out and poop until he sheds. So just leave him alone. He'll come out, and you won't see a shed- he's in the clear phase, which lasts about a day. Then he sheds, and then it's okay to feed him.

EZLSD
09-07-2014, 10:04 AM
So he won't poop at all if he sheds?

Nanci
09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
He'll poop when he comes out to shed. Sometimes they poop during the shedding process and it's left inside the old skin.

EZLSD
09-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Nice haha. Thank you

truman
09-07-2014, 04:49 PM
I use aspen and It was very hard to find the poop when Truman was smaller and only on pinkies. He loves to burrow and almost always pooped under the aspen. And it wasn't much. It's easier to find now that he is on fuzzies, there is more of it and he tends to poop on top of his hide or in the water bowl. Such a lovely habit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanci
09-07-2014, 07:27 PM
At least if it's in the water bowl, it's easy to clean!