PDA

View Full Version : Monday...

Monday...

kenster
07-01-2002, 06:22 AM
Ok now i really have no problems with mondays but this one has started off on the wrong foot! First off I have to work days for two weeks I am normally the night person and I HATE alarm clocks!! Ok now I feel better on to the corn probelm, last night I was making sure everything was ok, but of course in my haste to make sure I was going to get enough sleep I didn't lock the top down all the way. Needless to say at 1:30 when I got up for a drink I had a little corn glide over my foot. The reflexes were a bit slow so she got under some things and I lost her. now I have been up since 1:30 "corn hunting". I can't believe I didn't snap the lid tight...GRRRR i'm very upset with myself....So after I put in my 13 hours here I get to go home and go through everything in the entire house to find her. Any suggestions on finding her quickly? I want to find her before the dogs do!! Anyway back to the Monday grind........:(

CornsnakeKeeper
07-01-2002, 07:26 AM
Good luck-
My only bit of advice is to concentrate your search in the room you felt him in. Whenever mine has escaped, he has always stayed in the room. Just look, look, and keep looking... no fun, huh?

SilverTongue
07-01-2002, 08:22 AM
Check the baseboards. Follow them around the room.
Check in or near anything that might have lots of warmth or moisture.
Look around whyat do you see that you think would make a good hide.
Check any piles of clothes.
Dont forget to check things up high. Corns love to climb.
Start your focus in the direction you felt you corn go.
If you cant find you can get a mouse (or whatever size rodent) just make sure it is thawed. Lay in a crumpled paper sack (something you can hear that makes a sound) NOT PLASTIC! Put this along a baseboard.
Try connecting a heatingpad and putting it along the baseboards. (where you can watch it) Same with a dish of water.

I hope some of this helps. If it doesnt then do a search in the forums for lost snake. I am sure this one or someone elses has a bunch of ideas.

Good luck hun.

pauljordanuk
07-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear you lost u're snake... I read an article once that said something about putting some talcum powder across the door base of every room in the house this way you'll be able to locate the room hes in. Then I reckon following the advice above will work..(put mouse, heat mat and water bowl in the room). Good Luck !

Missymonkey
07-01-2002, 10:58 AM
I've also heard of people using plastic soda bottles with a pinkie in it, so that when the snake enters and eats the pinkie he/she can't fit out the opening of the bottle, then you can either open the pre-made flap in the bottle you made earlier and taped down or just cut off the top of the bottle and pick her/him out, this also can be done with a hole in a shoe box or something like that if you have a larger snake (I'd hate to have your corn get stuck in the opening of a soda bottle)

kenster
07-01-2002, 11:08 AM
thanks for the great advice, I will let you all know when/if I find her. And how I did it. I still can't believe I didn't lock the top on. I have been thinking about that all day. Good thing I have no real work to do today!

kenster
07-02-2002, 06:18 AM
Well the search was short and sweet. It took all of 10 minutes to find her. She was laying between an old toy box and the wall. Which luckily was the first place I looked. Thanks for all the great advice, now as long as I remember to lock to lid this will never happen again...

B-J@y
07-02-2002, 10:55 AM
:D Yeah!!:D

SilverTongue
07-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Great!! :)