PDA

View Full Version : A Great Corn Snake Site..

A Great Corn Snake Site..

Cindy
08-11-2004, 07:40 AM
I stumbled accross this great site all about Corn Snakes, unfortunaly it is mostly written in German (not my language) but there are some wonderful pictures in the gallery and loads of information on the morphs etc. I hope the owner won't mind me posting a link here, I notice he does reference Rich here at Serpenco and our friend Don - South Mountain Reptiles. Anyhow here is the link..... Enjoy www.kornnatterlexikon.de (http://www.kornnatterlexikon.de)

:cool:

Menhir
08-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Sorry, we are still working on the english section of the lexikon. But both, "pewter" the owner and photographer of the snakes and me - the programmer, are studying and don't have enough time to update the english parts.
But we are still working and hopefully we will finish the english parts - until Christmas or so :-)

Cindy
08-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Hope you didn't mine me using the link, it really is lovely and I look forward to the translation.
Regards
:cheers:

Menhir
08-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Oh, no!!!
We're always glad to see or hear people that enjoy our site.
It's was much hard work, picking out the photos out of about 5000 and the time I spend with programming all that isn't countable any more.
And so, it's a nice payment for the work when people enjoy what we made.

Thanx for radix complements.

rolph1414
08-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the info...

coralchris
08-13-2004, 05:40 PM
hey that is a great site! not only because cindy said so but because ive seen it with my very own eyes and ill admit it is one of the better ones ive seen to date even if it is still under construction ... it will much appretiated by a lot of people

Cindy
08-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Menhir, please could you explain what the round dots next to the pictures mean, is it a rating of their rarity on a scale of one to five?

Menhir
08-17-2004, 05:26 PM
No, its not a scale of rarity - it's more a scale of availabily in europe and especially in germany.
0 means not available (sometimes also in the US)
5 means available everywhere, like normals, amels and so on

Every dot is also explained, cause especially with morphs like lavender, there seems to be an amount of people cheating and selling ghosts at expos.
So, for "newbies" this is a hint, how rare a morph is, where they have to be expecially carefully when buying (cheap?) animals and so on.

One example - many people also looked at the little pictures, compared it to their yellow normal and where happy they got a "butterscotch". And when they see just 1 dot (or 0, don't know exactly) - it's easier for them to decide, whether it can be such an rare animal or not.

Greetings
Menhir

Cindy
08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Thanks for that, it's a good idea too..