PDA

View Full Version : Regurgitation?

Regurgitation?

bruce mccollum
11-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Ok so I am freaking out. Around 3 weeks ago my snake ate his pinky and normally his poop is.. Liquidy but that time it was basically the pinkie but with out the face and the arms and such so basically a pink oval. Because I haven't seen this again I'm afraid he regurgitated and I'm so worried. Please help!
Thanks!

Nanci
11-12-2014, 05:43 AM
When did this happen? It sounds like a regurge to me.

bruce mccollum
11-12-2014, 06:11 AM
It happened around 3 weeks ago

Nanci
11-12-2014, 08:38 AM
How many times have you fed him since then, and has he shed?

bruce mccollum
11-12-2014, 02:31 PM
He has shed either once or twice and I've fed him probably like 3 tims since and he acts very healthy

Nanci
11-12-2014, 02:37 PM
At this point, I'd just forget about it. But get some Nutribac so you have it on hand if he regurges again. And really try to avoid feeding him while he's blue.

bruce mccollum
11-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Ok thank you! So you think he'll be ok right? There is nothing I can do at this point,

Nanci
11-12-2014, 06:22 PM
You can add Nutribac to his mice. Be careful not to choose too large a prey size. Don't feed him when he's blue. Right after the regurge, you don't feed for 8-10 days, then feed a meal half the size he regurged, then gradually increase the prey size. But since you've presumably fed him several normal meals, you may as well skip that at this point.

bruce mccollum
11-12-2014, 06:36 PM
and if something bad were to happen to him it would've already happened right? sorry I'm just really worried

bruce mccollum
11-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Oh ok thank you! Ya feel really bad I didn't check what it was because I just assumed it was poop since I've had him for like 2 months and I don't know much but thank you for helping me!

Nanci
11-12-2014, 06:48 PM
The bad thing would have been if he regurged his next meal. I'm 99% certain he'll be fine.

bruce mccollum
11-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Ok awesome thank you! Would it be unnecessary to take him to a vet to get things checked? Just to make sure he's ok?

MegF.
11-12-2014, 10:56 PM
You can make a trip if you really want, but if he's taken multiple meals since without issue, is shedding normally and acting normally then I wouldn't worry. Occasionally they might regurgitate for no apparent reason....the food item was a little large, temps weren't quite right or who knows. I had one that regurged and never did it again as long as I owned her. Never figured out what caused it. You can also keep some grapefruit seed extract and if you ever have a regurgitation issue again, you can add some to the water. 2-3 drops per 8 ounces of water. It is a natural antibiotic and will help replenish the stomach acids. Make sure you stop using it if you're feeding prey with the nutribac powder as it will kill the probiotics in the nutribac. Only use it while you're in the recovery phase....the 7-14 days before you feed again. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it at all. It happens.

bruce mccollum
11-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Ok thank you so much this all made me feel a lot better! And I will remember all that advice for the future! Thanks again!