PDA

View Full Version : Weird question, need advice

Weird question, need advice

flamekitty84
11-15-2014, 09:45 PM
hello all..so I have a really weird question that I hope someone can help me out with...
so let me start with saying that I am almost 100% sure that I have hyperhydrosis..which is excessive sweating of the hands..and since getting my snake back from my mom, ive noticed it is Extremely difficult handling my 5 foot snake. I havnt handled her in quite a while and she is flighty, and my hands sweating makes it rly hard for her to move around easily and it think it freaks her out...so she is VERY jumpy and just wants to get away from me.
I have a powder that I got for my hands. its called Sweat Stop. its a cinnamon menthal powder stick and I was going to try using it to make handling my snake maybe a little easier for both of us.
my question is, and im prolly just overthinking this, but is the powder going to harm her?
id also like to use it before handling my baby snake and dont want it to make her sick if it is harmful
thank you in advance!

hypnoctopus
11-15-2014, 10:57 PM
I imagine that if it's safe for you to use on your hands, it's probably fine for her. My only concern is that if it is strongly scented, she may not like it. If there's residue left on either of the snakes after handling, maybe just let them slither through a damp paper towel before going back into their enclosures.

flamekitty84
11-15-2014, 11:12 PM
ahhh...it does smell like cinnamon, but its not overpowering...at least not for me..might be for a little tongue tho
I just had my baby out and im fine with her..I just get kinda nervous around my big girl cuz she gets freaked easily and doesnt like my hands...which makes me freak and neither of us r happy...something we r working on I spose
thank u for replying to me c:
yall r so wonderful here

TyeW
11-16-2014, 03:41 AM
You could also try wearing thin gloves while handling.

flamekitty84
11-16-2014, 08:00 AM
like exam gloves or something?

hypnoctopus
11-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah, either rubber gloves, or cotton gloves. Those would also make you feel more comfortable about her possibly biting you.

flamekitty84
11-16-2014, 10:21 AM
shes actually bit me twice before, one being on my face, so its not rly the biting that scares me, its the fact that shes so fast and determined to get away that im scared of her getting loose and getting lost :c or stuck somewhere that I cant get her out of without pissing her off
I will try the gloves first
I just want her to be comfortable being around me
thank you for the suggestions!