PDA

View Full Version : Very Bad Shed

Very Bad Shed

Drewz74
11-16-2014, 09:22 AM
So this isn't about a corn snake, but the active boa/python forums I've been to cater to large snakes. I have a Solomon Island tree boa with a full body stuck shed. This is my first shed with this particular snake and it's also the first stuck shed I've had to deal with.

He got the front half of his head done (eye caps included as far as I can tell) but the rest is stuck. I've tried soaking him and I'm misting morning and night. I just can't get a piece started because he hates me being anywhere near his head. Ideas? How can I get it going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanci
11-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Have you followed the soaking instructions in the sticky at the top of this section? I've also read that you can put him in a pillowcase with damp/wet washcloths or paper towels, and just leave him to soak in that. I would be soaking for a minimum of 20 minutes.

Drewz74
11-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes, I tried that. The problem is that the only place that's "started" is on his head which obviously neither I nor he will submerge.
I got a little bit with a wet Q tip but then I lost the edge

Nanci
11-16-2014, 02:45 PM
That's why I'd try the pillowcase method. He doesn't have to submerge, the wet cloths or paper towels will be touching him everywhere, and he'll burrow in them.

In his viv, does he have anything rough to rub on?

Drewz74
11-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Ya he he has a pretty big viv with lots of branches and a rough rock waterfall.

I'll try the pillowcase, thanks.