PDA

View Full Version : Scale problem?

Scale problem?

Galataya16
11-16-2014, 03:13 PM
OK, when I first got this little guy he had a spot of what looked to be a scale piece of on old shed on his forehead. I used a wet paper towel to rub it off and didn't think anything of it. Now after his last shed this is what his forehead looks like. Will this effect him in any way? I'm starting to worry about it.

daddio207
11-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Is your concern the little bit a epidermis exposed in the black circle ? It should be nothing to be worried about.
Or is it that greyish spot on the scale in the red circle ?

Galataya16
11-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Either one. I just want to make sure that he will be alright and if there was something that needed to be done or looked for then I can help/keep an eye on it. If it's just cosmetic then I won't worry about it to much. These being my first snakes, just want to make sure. I adore them.

daddio207
11-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Based on the pics I wouldn't worry about either spot as long as the grey area in the red circle is solid as it appears to be (no pus). It should improve with each shed.
"I adore them" What a great statement and what lucky snakes to be in your care :)

Galataya16
11-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks so much for your help daddio!! I'll just keep an eye on it. No pus or anything. It just seemed worse after his last shed.

I really do, they are my babies and they make me happy. And totally addicted. Plus the amazing people on this forum help keep me that way lol. Reminds me there are amazing people still around. I just wish I could add more right now lol. Have a list of morphs I'd love to have :-)

Thanks again.

daddio207
11-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Your welcome :)