• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

when do I change mouse size ?

redtallica

There can be only one
Hi,
I am currently feeding my young corn with pinkies he eats two per week,and I was just wondering when I should start feeding hoim fuzzies and how many should I give him.

I appologise if this has been answered before but I am new to this site,and to corn snakes so I neeed all the help I can get and this seems to be the best place on the net to get it.

regards
redtallica :eats02:

Usually if the food doesn't leave a noticeable lump, or there is no lump after one day;your snake is still actively looking for food after you've just fed i.e. you feed it, put it back in the viv, and it keeps crawling around instead of going into hiding to digest; your snake is out looking for food after one day, or is actively searching the viv after only a few days. Then go up in size.

I agree with MegF. That is the perfect way to do it, that is the perfect way to monitor your animal by feeding and watching the lump dissappear. I think your is ready to go up to fuzzies.

The rule of thumb is feed prey that is ~1.5 times the width of your snake. If your snake is eating two pinkies, then it should easily take a small fuzzy.

Back