• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Kids and Thoughts on Future Plans

Joba

I'm absolutely in love with my boas. I've got this guy coming next Spring, as soon as the weather will allow him to be shipped from Michigan. He's a Hypo Poss Jungle. I think I'm going to pair him up with my beautiful albino girl Daisy, and hope that the Jungle proves out so that I can work towards some really exciting babies: jungles, albino jungles, sunglows, junglows... Mmmm, Yummy!

Then, in the category of something I never thought I'd actually get, I picked up this half-dwarf Burm at the recent expo in Mesa. I absolutely love burms (albino greens are my absolute favorite morph of any snake), but their size is obviously an issue, and dwarfs are said by many to be nasty little devils. Add the Lacy Act, and I wasn't sure I'd ever come across locally produced half-dwarfs. Nevertheless, here he is.

His parents are granite, so I suppose he's poss het granite, but I'm not a real fan of that morph, so I'm happy he's normal. He's pretty amazing, if you ask me ;)

That is super cool. If he wasn't half dwarf he'd get even bigger right? Like "don't bring your pomeranian around my snake" big?

Awesome pics! I love the bigger snakes but will never own them... too big for me! I helped rescue a few big boas and a couple of retics a few years back... Holy starved animals... they require a lot!! But I enjoy pictures of everyone elses!! please post more!

Love the burm. They are sweet snakes when their requirements are met.

Thank you. Supposedly, the half-dwarfs share the same disposition as their larger cousins.

Awesome pics! I love the bigger snakes but will never own them... too big for me! I helped rescue a few big boas and a couple of retics a few years back... Holy starved animals... they require a lot!! But I enjoy pictures of everyone elses!! please post more!

Thanks! I'm sure I'll update as he grows...and grows...and grows.......

So, Buddy the Burm has quite the appetite and feeding response. I reached in the other day and got a little love tap. :)

I wish I had followed up with pictures after I cleaned it up. You could see a perfect impression of his bottom row of teeth by the base of my pinky, and both upper rows of teeth on my palm. Not sure what happened on the side of my pinky; must've nicked me there on his way in.

I'll have to try to post some new pics. He's really gorgeous, and growing so fast. He's 9 months old, almost 4 feet long, and about 650 g. in weight. I love him. He'll sit on my lap all sprawled out for as long as I let him.

Back