PDA

View Full Version : Rescue passed away

Rescue passed away

crzymom2grl2by
11-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Well, one of the two babies I rescued Wednesday was dead this morning when I checked on her. It was the day I was going to try to feed her. She never ate since birth, Sept. 9th. The other one hadn't moved since I put the UTH in Friday, but I checked and she sped off to another hide, so at least she's ok.

Makes me mad at the previous owner for not getting a hold of me sooner, he even said he should've gotten in touch with me before, but unfortunately for Flame he didn't.:crying:

HVani
11-30-2014, 09:56 AM
So sorry :( Sometimes they just don't make it. There may have been nothing you could do even if you had gotten her sooner.

crzymom2grl2by
11-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure my husband is glass since I didn't ask for two more snakes and he wasn't happy about having 4. But it breaks my heart cause she was so frail and precious.

obboi34
11-30-2014, 10:53 AM
So sorry to hear. You did your best by her.

Todd120
11-30-2014, 11:56 AM
So sorry. It sure doesn't take long to get attached to them.

Nanci
11-30-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm so sorry. Some can hold out for quite a long time, but it's usually best to seek help if the baby won't feed within 3-4 feedings, if one isn't experienced in starting stubborn ones. Next time he will know the consequences of waiting.

crzymom2grl2by
11-30-2014, 01:06 PM
You're correct, it doesn't take long to get attached. She had the sweetest eyes, yes I did just say that. Snake haters say they don't make good pets cause you can't cuddle, etc. but I think there eyes and faces are sweet and expressive.

crzymom2grl2by
11-30-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm hoping there is no next time. He doesn't have the proper husbandry for any of his snakes, they're all in his class room with no heat and his BP are together. His belief is survival of the fittest.