• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to handfeed a baby mouse!?

cornsnake234

While cleaning my feeder tank yesterday, i've noticed that one of the baby was very thin and almost 2 times smaller than his brothers and sisters. :eek1: So, i'd tried to feed him with hot milk and a vitamin supplements on my finger tips, but he was not able to take it, maybe he tooks one drop but i'm not certain. The two mothers don't seem to take care of him, and i think he is too weak to get to his mother nipples. :cry:

What can i do!? is it possible to handfeed a so small baby mouse?! if so, how can i do that!? :shrugs:

Thx

If this is a feeder for your snake, I would suggest leaving it alone or getting rid of it. Let nature take its course. I would not want to feed my reptile a sick mouse. I suggest you should not either.

If this is for a pet, I would check maybe some mice links, I really don't know if there is a way to nurse a pinkie up.

Good luck

In my experience the small one with catch up. If I'm needing pinkies I take the rest out and leave the small one so he doesn't have to compete for food. If I need them bigger, the small one eventually catches up when the bigger ones start feeding off the moms less often. I would not just assume that small means sick. I personally need every mouse I can get so I don't make the decision to throw one out easily. :)

I think that the best way to hand feed him is with a mair of tongs and a snake that hasn't eaten in say eight days. That should take care of him pretty quick.

Any more questions?

Aaron

Back