PDA

View Full Version : poop factory

poop factory

kenalotia
07-02-2002, 09:43 PM
Does anyone else's snake seem to double as a poop factory? I can't believe how many times Frank pooped after his last feeding. Two weeks ago I fed him one weanling rat (I fed him again today). On the morning of the third day, he pooped. Perfectly normal. The next day, he pooped again. I was expecting a 2nd one; also normal. Two days later, he pooped for the third time! That one surprised me, but not very much. I figured he was done after that. Several days later, when I had him out again, he pooped again - I think this was twelve days after feeding. Always when out of his tank, since he doesn't like doing it inside. Well, I figured that was it, but today when I was moving his substrate around, guess what I found? Another lump of poop.

Is pooping 5 times from one meal normal?! (One of the poops was all liquid, no solid brown stuff.) Or is something wrong here? I only recently moved him up to the weanling rats, so they're a bit larger than what he was eating before... could this have something to do with it? Hmm, and before I was feeding every 10 days, this was the first time I went two weeks (after reading Dr. Mike's post I decided to space the meals out a little more). So I suppose that the 12th day poop would have gone unnoticed, being combined with the first poop from the next meal. Okay, enough about poop, I've probably grossed everyone out by now. :rolleyes: Sorry guys...

Kel
07-05-2002, 11:36 AM
One of my eight Corns is a multiple pooper and it drives me nuts !

Last week I counted five separate small patches of poop which resulted from one medium mouse. And she doesn't pick a favourite spot and stick to it like the others either. No sirree, she'll spread it around as much of her tank as she can. I can forget any plans I have to spot-clean when Jemima's on form - I need to pretty much hose down the entire tank and all it's contents every five days !

:(
Happy scooping !
Kel

kenalotia
07-08-2002, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure which is worse - snake pooping multiple times all over the tank or snake pooping multiple times but OUTSIDE the tank. This means that whenever I take him out to play with him, he might poop on me. Or on my clothes, so I have to take them off and do laundry. Or on the bedspread & sheets, so I have to wash those. One of those times he managed to get one sheet, one pillowcase, the bedspread and my pants, all in one poop! :mad: