PDA

View Full Version : still hasn't shed

still hasn't shed

crzymom2grl2by
12-25-2014, 10:55 AM
So I got Jafar Nov. 6th and I'm pretty sure she had never shed, she was 11g and now is up to 17g and she's still never shed. Is this normal? I would think that as much as she's grown she would've definitely shed already. And yes humidity levels are good in her viv. I never see her soak, but she pooped in her water last night so maybe she was soaking unless she just slithered across the bowl and pooped at the same time.:awcrap:

Todd120
12-25-2014, 11:29 AM
It should shed soon. With that weight gain, I would think very soon. Crush shed at the end of October. He is just coming out of blue right now. Man is he ugly in blue. Lol.

crzymom2grl2by
12-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Is he the snake in your avatar? That's what my Jafar looks like and I wondered how to tell when she's in blue with the red eyes. Plus her coloring has never looked dull yet.

Todd120
12-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Yes. He is the avatar. The colors will go milky. You will notice the dulling of color. The eyes become very cloudy. She will more than likely hide a lot when her eyes cloud over.

crzymom2grl2by
12-25-2014, 10:35 PM
She hides all the time anyway, lol. Except at night. My other two come out a lot during the day though.

albertagirl
12-26-2014, 12:22 PM
I think it's normal to go up to a couple of months between sheds at that age. She should shed soon I would think. Watch for her to stop coming out at night when she normally would. That will probably be your first sign if you find it difficult to tell by color fading from normal.

I can't actually tell the color difference in my red (fire) hatchling until she's quite heavily blue. What I do notice is my reaction to her. It's like she's just red, rather than feeling like "wow it's amazing how red she is!" Like the color doesn't change, it just doesn't punch me in the eyeballs like usual. LOL. Once you see it once, you'll probably recognize it right away every time after that. :)

crzymom2grl2by
12-26-2014, 07:27 PM
I bet, I'm excited to see the difference in the colors after she sheds.