PDA

View Full Version : Snake name

Snake name

Adrienne
08-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi all, we have just bought my daughter a two year old female Oakeetee she can't think of what to name her, anyone have any suggestions??

Jicin
08-14-2004, 04:40 PM
I called mine Nandi and Kira.

Adrienne
08-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Nice but my daughter said no!!!

Jicin
08-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Hmm. Well i considered egyptian names (Like Giza or Seth). Mythological names (Zeus). Names of places. African names (Like Nandi). Movie names like Neo or Nala. (I stripped the A of Akira.)

Susan
08-14-2004, 11:04 PM
What is your daughter's favorite female actress, singer, movie or TV character? Name your snake after one of those. My own daughter just loves naming things, but she can come up with some of the strangest names at times. She named my female lavender Selsa (even spelled it for me), and I have another snake named Ariel (after The Little Mermaid). The first snake I bought especially for her is named Jennifer's Snake. At the time of naming, she was only 2 yrs old (my daughter) and she couldn't think of a name she liked. We left the name "open", but had to put something down for the records. As time went by, she decided to just let that name be official. She's in bed right now, but I'll come back here tomorrow and ask her what she thinks your daughter's snake should be named.

Bekah
08-15-2004, 02:06 AM
We thought of various artists when naming our snake due to his/her spots and stripes...I wanted to name him/her Matisse or VanGogh, but my daughter (who just turned 7) thought that Renoir best suited our snake! So "Ren" it was and shall be!

Adrienne
08-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Thank you all for your ideas, but she still has not made up her mind :shrugs She is only 9 years old and dose not understand that she can't keep taking her out to play with. How long have you all been into keeping snakes??

Adrienne
08-15-2004, 12:15 PM
:) At last she has come up with a name she is called tiggie because she said her colouring is the same as a tiger.

Cindy
08-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Thanks cute... when little tiggie has settled in, can we see pictures?

Adrienne
08-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Sure, if she will keep still enough to take them.

SlitherHither
08-15-2004, 09:28 PM
I just recently bought a baby corn and I named him Cameo...I like the name, it has almost nothing to do with the singing group, but I like their music as well...I say go with a fav of hers...

rolph1414
08-16-2004, 12:47 AM
What colors predominate? How about Doracorn!