PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

weight loss

crzymom2grl2by
01-07-2015, 11:37 AM
My little Nagini with the birth defect where the mouth doesn't completely close has never gained weight since I got her Nov. 6th, she was 11g and then this past feed down to 9g, I could feel the loss when I picked her up. She did eat, but I'm concerned about internal parasites. The vet never ran a fecal when he saw her in Dec. But he wants me to get one now. Jafar seems fine, but I'm having his checked as well. He actually pooed on his hammock so it was super easy getting the sample. That was last night, I put it in a sandwich baggie on a damp paper towel and hope it will be fine til tomorrow. Schools canceled here today due to severe wind chills so I'm not driving to the next city til tomorrow when it's safer to travel.
I changed Nagini's cage to paper towels so I'd be able to find her poo, and am hoping I will find some today or tomorrow before it dries out. She had a pinky yesterday, so not really sure when she will go.
I feel that she's probably had the parasites since I bought her at Petsmart and that's why she never gained, and I'm also worried about Jafar simply because they were housed together at first because I didn't know any better.