• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

For Sir Blinky

Nanci

Alien Lover
This is easier than trying to write it out!
dd1c00da8e7c99ab9f594d0f60fffed9.jpg

c67d50ade6c404e6ca4b52597a9cf9d6.jpg

For DAMN shizzle! (BTW, gel ink pen? I have one kind I LOVE and at work all of the dealers who have to sign card bags or game opening or closing slips and use my pen say how much they love it! I just bought 4 more boxes and a whole bunch of refills, I tend to like to gift people with things. Yes, I am THAT girl who will never run out of toilet paper or good bedsheets or pens. Life is too short to wipe with sandpaper, sleep on burlap and scratch on paper with a dry .5mm nib!) :-offtopic -sorry!

Do you use the Ziploc Vacuum Bags? I have tried mine once but with the shipment we got in last month I want to start bagging them monthly and have at least 4 feeding days' worth sealed. Some of my pinkies are looking a bit frostbitten and I want to organize the freezer before I grab a mousicle instead of a popsicle! (But Puddin' Pops are still the best.)

I took a headcount for what I needed to thaw for Sunday dinner and it took me three tries to get it right. I am lucky to have only three types necessary and I hand pick the pinkies since I have 5 on them from 12g to 21g.

Instead of telling SB's owner what size pink for the next meal, I just posted what I feed a group of similarly-sized hatchlings, and then the mice, with the weights I divide my pinks into. Seemed easier than saying, he's 18g, so I'd feed a medium pink, weighing 3.5 grams. This gives a whole spectrum.

I also QR code them, but lately since I've been feeding 55 hatchlings in one go, by the time I'm done, I say, oh I'll do it tomorrow, so now their computer records look like they haven't eaten since Thanksgiving...

It was easier for me, with this many hatchlings, to weigh all the pinks, then I don't have to do it as I go. I just pick out of the bags.

I like the ziplock vacuum bags.

Instead of telling SB's owner what size pink for the next meal, I just posted what I feed a group of similarly-sized hatchlings, and then the mice, with the weights I divide my pinks into. Seemed easier than saying, he's 18g, so I'd feed a medium pink, weighing 3.5 grams. This gives a whole spectrum.

I also QR code them, but lately since I've been feeding 55 hatchlings in one go, by the time I'm done, I say, oh I'll do it tomorrow, so now their computer records look like they haven't eaten since Thanksgiving...

It was easier for me, with this many hatchlings, to weigh all the pinks, then I don't have to do it as I go. I just pick out of the bags.

I like the ziplock vacuum bags.

I couldn't imagine (yet, anyway!) having that many to sort. I have 4 on pinkies and I handpick them from a bag of pinks of different sizes. I have never weighed the mice, oddly enough for me, but choose them based on the snake's size at the time.

How much time do you spend feeding all those little mouths daily and weekly?

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!! Me and Sir Blinky love this method of keeping track of feeding/what to feed next! I've been keeping records hand written the whole process, and this is just perfect, I fed him the pinky and a half, a combined total of about 3g worth of tiny pinky goodness, and he ate both like a champ, BUT was already back out and about again after about 36 hours after being fed. I checked to make sure there was no regurg or anything crazy like that, and there wasn't, he just handled it really well I guess? I'll wait the 5 days and do it again, and if he does as well then as he did this time I have my eye on a few pinks that are about 3.0-3.5g, do you think that would be ok to feed him? Looks like you're feeding your similarly sized ones pinks that are that large, right? I figure after the 2 sessions of 2 and a halves he'll be around the 18-18.15g mark. Once again thanks a billion for this thread, I can't wait to organize all my pinks tomorrow, this should also be immensely helpful for my next baby scaley (I'm thinking some sort of blizzard/charcoal, they're b-e-a-u-tiful!)

This is actually the first year I've been weighing pinks- and it's because I have so many babies of so many sizes. I've always weighed everything else, and divided them. Four sizes of fuzzies, one size of hoppers, but then I weigh when I take them out to feed- e.g. I need a small 10 gram hopper, same thing with weaneds, and then the adults are divided into small adult, medium, large and jumbo. Only Janine the king snake gets jumbo. I think all this weighing is driven by buying from mice suppliers whose bags of mice have a wide range. So, unlike The Mouse Factory (RIP), where all mice are super-uniform, you really have to weigh to see what you have.

If you care. It's probably not necessary to be that exact. Just my nature, I guess.

If you care. It's probably not necessary to be that exact. Just my nature, I guess.

No, that makes perfect sense. Most of the mice I get are pretty uniform, but if I see a much smaller snake I will dig for a smaller pinky. I do watch for regurges and try to watch everyone down the mouse, but with all that you have to do it is a great idea to weigh.

So today is feeding day and I weighed sir blinkster and he came in right around 20.03g! So I have decided to take the plunge and feed him a pinky about 3.25g, it is about 1-1.5x wider range than he is, so hopefully everything goes down ok! Thanks again for this chart [emoji2]

Back