PDA

View Full Version : where's the poo?

where's the poo?

SnakesMcGee
01-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Quick question:

Snakey (~5ish month corn) regurged due to an overly large meal and too much handling. Waited ten days, fed her little less than a half pinky. She kept it down splendidly but... no poo??

I think I'm just missing it because the meal was so small, and she hadn't eaten in forever, so the poop was probably tiny. I've handled her bunches since she ate (after waiting of course) and she hasn't regurged again.

I'm not really worried but... she should be ok, right?

And as long as I'm on the topic: because she took the last meal so well and because she's getting a little thin, I plan on the following feeding schedule:
7 days - another 1/2
7 days - another 1/2
7 days - last 1/2
7 days - back to full pinkies

and go to 5 days from there until she's ready to handle bigger prey. Does that sound about right? I don't know her weight; I need to get a scale.

It's silly... I know the answers to these questions, but having a wee little thing that depends on me makes me anxious!

SnakesMcGee
01-21-2015, 10:52 PM
For lack of an edit button: It's been almost a full week since the 1/2 pinky, so obviously she's ok... but where did it go??

Amanda47
01-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Small snakes don't produce much waste and it's mostly liquid. Most of it will absorb into the bedding or dry out, and all you're left with is some whitish powder and a brown smudge.

SnakesMcGee
01-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the reply! I've noticed her previous poops have been little more than brown flakes in the bedding, and I suppose because this feed was so small it has escaped my notice.