PDA

View Full Version : Snake approaching shed! Questions!?

Snake approaching shed! Questions!?

CLHSnake
01-22-2015, 10:48 PM
I just recently purchased a new corn snake About a week ago and for the past 2-3 days his colors have been fading and his eyes started clouding today and I had a few questions

Do I feed him while he's in shed? I feed him every Friday! Should I feed him tmrw?

Amanda47
01-22-2015, 11:05 PM
If you think he's going into a shed cycle, and it sounds like he is, don't feed until after the shed. They're fine to wait and it's better for them to wait.

CLHSnake
01-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Thank you! Am I allowed to handle him during the shed or should I leave him be?

Rigby & Marcy
01-22-2015, 11:56 PM
You can handle him but he would probably rather if you didn't. They don't see well and can be extra jumpy when they're going to shed.

HVani
01-23-2015, 08:38 AM
I think they prefer to be left alone during shed. They can't see very well and the whole thing just seems uncomfortable.

My boa gets downright mean when he's in shed. As soon as I open the door he will start hissing. Otherwise he's a total sweetheart.

crazyd82
01-23-2015, 11:44 AM
My BP doesn't want bothered when going into shed. It's the only time that she will hiss at me. She also will not eat until after the shed.

CLHSnake
01-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Thank you guys!

smigon
01-24-2015, 05:36 AM
These are some great questions! While you are in some "down" time with your snake, I would get a couple of books on corns (two of the best were written by two of our members, Kathy Love and Don Soderberg, I would order them from Amazon or their websites (to get them autographed!) and also read all the stickies at the tops of each subject.

And read as many posts as you can, I guarantee you will answer questions you didn't even know you had!

Good luck, and we are always here if you don't find what you are looking for.