PDA

View Full Version : Baby corn vomited - how long before feeding?

Baby corn vomited - how long before feeding?

Snakemother
02-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Hello! My baby fire corn is 7-8 months old, growing like a weed. I gave him a big meal last Monday, 2 fuzzies. I found a mostly digested fuzzy in his tank Saturday morning (only could tell it wasn't a poop by a tail and the smell). Found out his heat had gone out, and the temps were really low here in Michigan last week. Cleaned out his tank, got new heat going, and he's happy in his hot hide watching me every time I go past for possible feeding. I know I shouldn't feed him for 2 weeks from when I found he'd vomitted, but that will make it 3 weeks between feedings. He's so young, is that okay for him? Thanks for any advice.

smigon
02-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Do a search on "regurgitation" and you will find lots of posts like yours there. Kathy Love's seem the best by far, though.

Snakemother
02-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Thank you so much - there's so much conflicting info out there, and not much regarding babies. I searched "Kathy Love" and "regurgitation" together and found her detailed info on regurging baby corns. Just what I needed - thanks again!:)

smigon
02-23-2015, 06:11 AM
That is good, and follow her advice to the letter.

How much does she way, if I might ask?

Jessicat
02-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Kathy Love also has (or at least had) powder that you can sprinkle your snake's next meal with to help regenerate stomach tissues. I generally wait at least a week to be on the safer side. Remember that feeding charts for snakes in captivity are very generous compared to what their diet might be in the wild. It's much safer for the snake to wait a bit longer before offering its next meal rather than feeding too soon and risking another regurge.

Snakes that get into regurgitation cycles sometimes never recover and eventually die.