PDA

View Full Version : Slight clear fluid from nose? Possible RI?

Slight clear fluid from nose? Possible RI?

heyymaddiee
03-01-2015, 11:05 PM
I picked up my little corn yesterday and noticed a slight clear fluid on her nostril. I figured she just had a drink of water and it was residual.

Today I picked her up and noticed the same thing, very slight liquid. Now I am concerned.

Her cage was clean, but after seeing this I recleaned it. The water is changed often and the temperature in her tank is always between 79-86 degrees. I use paper towels as her substrate because they are easy to clean and easy for me to spot any red flags she may have.

She is still quite active and flicking her tongue often, otherwise normal corn behavior. Eats normally and I feed her 2 pinks every 5-7 days, I also put a little Nutri Bac on them. She is still quite young (about 9-10 months) . Her bowel movements are normal.

I will hear an occasional popping noise but otherwise no mouth discharge, or wheezing and she is not breathing from her mouth. She has been yawning alot and I heard her sneeze once. She is starting to fade in color so I assume maybe the popping is from her skin tightening.

I baby her, I check her everyday and take her out and inspect her on a daily basis. It is winter so it has been slightly colder in the house and the humidity is quite low, shes had a couple rough sheds that I have had to soak her. I plan on calling the vet first thing tomorrow to get her in, Im just really concerened and worried to the point where I overreacted a little and cried haha.

I just need a little advice and peace of mind until I can get her in. Shes my basically my child and I feel like a bad mom haha.

heyymaddiee
03-01-2015, 11:10 PM
(Skin tightening from maybe starting to shed btw)