PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on lost but found cornsnake

Advice needed on lost but found cornsnake

ginger101
03-12-2015, 04:19 PM
I need some advice on my son's corn snake. We lost it 14 months ago on new years day and to be honest thought we would never see her again as we were in the middle of a building project.

Anyway our neighbour found her in the back garden on saturday, she hasn't really grown or put weight on (she is about 18 Inchs). She is a Anery Motley and hatched on 24/06/13.

So the issues I am having is I can't get her to eat, I have tried some really small pinkies due to her size but isn't interested. There is a lump on one side of her body which feels like it is on her spine, this is about 1/4 off from her head and seems to be affect how she controls her top half.

Is this normal for a corn snake not to eat and any ideas what the lump might be. Would appreciate any ideas or opinions. Never lost a snake before so at a bit of a loss.

I did post something earlier like this but now can't find it??

MysticExotics
03-12-2015, 05:39 PM
I would take her to a vet, in case she has some sort of blockage or tumor.
How often are you offering food?
I found a hacthling after a few months of being lose during winter months, and I got her back in the snakle room, let her settle, then started offering food again.
She is back on regular feeding and doing well.

Best of luck!

Zombiegirl
03-12-2015, 08:44 PM
I did post something earlier like this but now can't find it??

I'm glad it's not just me because I replied to your previous post...how strange!

Either way, a vet visit is in order I would think because of the lump and her not wanting to eat

trcdlc2
03-14-2015, 10:23 AM
How long was she missing? I'm asking because my son's snake has been lost outside for 2 nights now.

smigon
03-17-2015, 02:09 AM
How long was she missing? I'm asking because my son's snake has been lost outside for 2 nights now.

She said 14 months. We have had people on this site who have lost snakes for a few hours to over a year or so. The odds are not on your side, but never stop looking, you never know!