PDA

View Full Version : Not eatting

Not eatting

Michaelarutherford
03-13-2015, 10:44 AM
I own three corn snakes that I bought a little over a year ago, I bought them from three different people cause I was at a reptile show. I got a Creamsicle Corn from a breeder that seemed like I could trust him, he however lied about her being a good feeder. She didn't eat for weeks, I tried live and she ignored it. I kept her in a small box covered and she never ate, I cut the pinkie she ignored it. I was forced to brumate her until spring. I warmed her back up and still had feeding troubles, the only way i've gotten her to feed is by taunting her with the pinkie (shoving it towards her face and chasing her) until she gets mad and bites. Even so shes only taken maybe five feedings. I brumated her at the end of November and just brought her out today. She needs to feed, she's only shed once and she weighs less than when I first got her. Any advice??

hypnoctopus
03-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Can you describe her setup? How often have you been offering her food?

This is a great list of tricks to try with her, but just make sure not to try too often.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131573

Michaelarutherford
03-13-2015, 12:43 PM
I have a big tank set up for my other two but I had to remove her because shes too timid and the tank scares her. My dad use to bred snakes so I have a lot of equipment. Upon his advice I have her set up in a small breeding box ( 15 in X 6 in) with a hide, bedding, and water. Her box is on top of the cage with one half exposed to the warm heat lamp and the other side is cooler.

Rigby & Marcy
03-13-2015, 04:23 PM
It sounds like she's still stressed. She needs an adequately sized viv to her own, with a warm hide and at least one cool hide, belly heat from a thermostatted under-tank heater, and no heat lamps. You may be confident that you're providing adequate housing for her, but the fact that she won't eat tells us she's not happy.