PDA

View Full Version : Regurge/tank/size

Regurge/tank/size

rascal1
03-31-2015, 03:57 PM
It's a three in one!! I have a lot of questions... :awcrap:

First - My little girl regurgitated her last meal for the first time a few days after she ate. She was fed last Monday and I'm pretty sure she regurged on Wednesday. I've seen waiting 10 days is a good amount of time for her to recoup and rebuild her stomach acids. What I'm wondering is if I should wait until Friday or if I should wait until Sunday?
And if I should also cut down the size of her pinkie?

Second - I haven't handled her yet. Her first feeding was in her viv (she hides in a wood log and doesn't like to come out), but her second one was in a small tank. I didn't take her out with my hands - I picked up her log and placed it inside the little tank. I'm wondering if I should keep her in her viv for her next feeding to reduce stress.

Third - This one is definitely the most important to me. Because I haven't handled her yet, I can't put her on a scale and I don't know how much she weighs! I'm scared that I'm not feeding her enough... This may not help much but she's 6 months old and about 1 1/2 feet. I really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

foghat
03-31-2015, 11:04 PM
1. Buy some nutribac and Read Kathy Love's regurge procedure about half way through the first post:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

See below for some helpful info from Nanci (where the heck has she been lately?) when I had a regurge a few years ago.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122256

2. I'd probably feed outside of viv just to ensure no shavings are ingested.

3. How often do you feed? Going forward if you can weigh, the Munson plan is good to follow. But only after you get our regurge and the subsequent feedings completed, as per Kathy's guide.

rascal1
04-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Thank you! Everything on there is really helpful.

When I fed her in the viv, I put down some repti carpet to make sure she didn't ingest any shavings...

I feed her one pinkie every four days - following the Munson plan, but because I can't weigh her I don't know if I should be feeding her one or two per feeding... and I haven't fed her again since her regurge. She also just shed for the first time since I've had her yesterday (got me kinda excited).

rascal1
04-01-2015, 11:58 PM
The shedding could have been the cause of the regurge, but it was about a week after she regurged that she shed... would it usually be that long?

smigon
04-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Yes, she would have been blue when you fed her. Follow that regurge protocol to a T, don't skip any steps even if she looks "better".

Good luck!