PDA

View Full Version : heyyya and in grave need of some advice..

heyyya and in grave need of some advice..

ronlina
08-19-2004, 03:33 AM
Hey everyone. :)

It's been a while since I've posted here.

I have a non- cornsnake problemo. About two months ago or so I got my first Leopard Gecko. I've kept her without problems and she'd been doing fine.

However, the lid on her cage was flimsy and must have fell into the cage, providing her with a ladder with which to escape.

She must have escaped early this morning, as I haven't checked her cage since tuesday night and it is now 3:30 am on thursday.

Does anyone know how to try and "catch" a missing Leo? She must have climbed out of the cage, fell to the ground, and ran away. There are many places for her to hide in my messy room, I'm afraid. Right now I have a heating pad laying on the floor plugges in with a blanket on it to dull the heat, a water dish, and a dish of mealies. I'm hoping to lure her to my trap. Any ideas other than what I'm doing? Any tips?

Thanks a lot to anyone who helps.

Skye
08-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear your bad news. I think that you have done some good moves so far. Remember that they are nocturnal so looking for her in the day is unlikely to prove fruitful since she will be curled up asleep in some dark corner. Laying paper or plastic down that crackles when walked over can sometimes be helpful, I know I found a dragon once that way.
Good Luck, Skye

ronlina
08-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks a lot Skye -

Good news! She returned :)

I guess she had enough of her little adventure in the 'outside' world that is my bedroom, and popped up through a pile of clothes. I did try putting some plastic down, and that's what made me notice where she was - she's so tiny, I'd not have even realized she was right there.

:D thanks a lot...

-ronlina

Skye
08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
great!!

glad to hear the good news,

Happy Reunion,
Skye