PDA

View Full Version : Young corn snake is really active, but not eating

Young corn snake is really active, but not eating

KarenC723
04-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi all, my son's corn snake is maybe about 20 months old. We've had her since she was about 4 months. Last night she rejected her third feeding in a row... We thought she was rejecting food because she was going to shed, which did happen a few days ago. We thought she'd be starving last night! But no, she was completely uninterested. She was very interested in touring the kitchen chairs, though. She's been very active the past few days, in general. She's also been pooping every time she's out to feed. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christaberk
04-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Are you sure she is a she and not a he?

KarenC723
04-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Hahaha... Not 100%. We thought we figured it out when we got her/him, using a book on corn snakes and looking at his/her tapering. Always worth another look. :)

KarenC723
04-13-2015, 03:51 PM
And honestly now as I look online I see that's not the most accurate method. Aside from the 'probing' I see referenced, is there a safe way to determine if maybe she is a he?

KarenC723
04-13-2015, 06:47 PM
So, we looked at her when I got home- I'm 99% sure she's a girl.

smigon
04-14-2015, 06:58 AM
This is the season of love, and both females and males stop eating for up to 3 months or so. Unless they look emaciated just let them be, when the season changes s/he will always go back to normal.

KarenC723
04-14-2015, 12:34 PM
Thank you! My son is very relieved. Corn on the Cob seems happy and healthy, and is just much more active than usual- we couldn't figure it out.

Zeina
04-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Oh my God- "Corn on the cob"??? I. LOVE. IT.
I can't even handle how cute that is lol

frostgfx
04-14-2015, 07:35 PM
If Corn on the Cob looks better next to your clothes in the closet then she is a she.... Good luck and positive energy...

KarenC723
04-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Thanks everyone- there's a very relieved 11 year old boy here!

Brian bahrke
10-19-2021, 06:26 PM
I have a baby corn to he or she is almost 4 months old has ate for me every feeding day
had 1st shed since I had him her now all the sudden I'm going on 20 days not eating acts normal no change in behavior I tried leaving pinky in tank over night I tried braining I haven't tried dawn trick or boil water in deli cup or bag yet I tried 2 days ago I don't wanna stress her by keeping at her every couple days any pointers I really just wish him her would eat I thought she was a girl named her Bella her tail is long skinny to fine point but I'm new to snake world and really want the best for her