PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing

Sneezing

bruce mccollum
04-20-2015, 02:12 AM
Hi I got a three-year-old corn snake about a week ago and she's been acting a little strange to me she keeps rubbing her nose on a lot of things and now I just heard her sneeze and it's scaring me a bit I'm wondering if maybe it's the bedding she's living in or allergies or something I hope everything is okay with her please help me thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruce mccollum
04-20-2015, 02:14 AM
I just wanted to note that I'm also wearing a strong scented hand lotion that might be bothering her

obboi34
04-22-2015, 01:16 PM
when is she sneezing? Is it spontaneous or does it have a trigger? does it repeat with any regularity? a sneeze once in a while just can happen, same as with us. If there is a trigger you'll want to find a way to minimize/remove it. If your snake sneezes often, especially when coupled with mucus, you may have an RI.

bruce mccollum
04-23-2015, 08:34 PM
She has only sneezed once to my knowledge and she has no mucus so that is a good sign!

obboi34
04-24-2015, 11:53 AM
nose rubbing can happen, especially when your snake is first beginning to explore her new environment. She should be fine as long as she doesn't rub herself raw.

smigon
04-24-2015, 01:55 PM
The scented lotion may have something to do with it. I find that if I don't wash my hands with unscented Neutrogena soap and use a scented soap they really try to get away from me, I would stick with unscented anything around the snakes.