PDA

View Full Version : My girl's first, and hopefully last, regurge

My girl's first, and hopefully last, regurge

obboi34
05-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Saw my girl crawling around her viv with a purpose this morning and saw before I left that she had regurged one of her mice. She ate two small adult mice five days ago but I guess I had moved her too much or the food went bad. Her temps have all been good.
1. Since her food may be getting old I'll throw out the rest of the bag and buy some new ones, including one that is a little smaller for regurge protocol.
2. I'll make sure to give her some more time to digest next time she eats two prey items.
Here's to never having the problem again! :cheers:

smigon
05-06-2015, 09:33 PM
Make sure to follow Nanci's regurge protocol, her little stomach needs to heal! And Kathy Love sells Nutribac, which will help in the healing process too.

As much as I want to feed them more often and bigger prey, my recommendation is that the only size to double up on is pinkies when they are in that yearling growth spurt, otherwise just one food item every two weeks (if she is into adult mice). It is better to be safe than sorry, and adults can go months without eating and be just fine.

And cheers back on having healthy beasties! :cheers:

Rigby & Marcy
05-06-2015, 11:28 PM
I agree Smigon, I never feed two of anything except pinkies.

obboi34
05-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Just as an update, Amy kept down her next meal and just went blue. She also left me a 13g mess to clean up. I know because I weighed her before and after. [emoji12][emoji216]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk