PDA

View Full Version : Joined the regorge club today

Joined the regorge club today

Bt88
05-28-2015, 01:08 AM
Well today I was spot checking my snake tanks and I was going through my corn's substrate and I thought something smelled a little rotten. I had cleaned out some poo a few days ago and thought I might have missed some. He's was on aspen bedding, so I started going through it all and I decided to check him out since he's been hiding under his water dish and sure enough there was a fuzzy under there with him. I pulled him out and put him in a little tub and cleaned out the entire tank, all the substrate included. I've got paper towels down now so I can monitor him closer. The only thing I can think of that changed was when I first moved him to fuzzy mice I slight some holes in the first one but I didn't this last feeding. He's temps are about 82-85 hot side and 70-72 cool side and the humidity is around 55%. I hope I'm right about not putting a couple holes in the fuzzy the second feeding, but back to pinkies he goes in two weeks.

Ravenessa
05-28-2015, 01:36 AM
How much does he weigh?

Bt88
05-28-2015, 03:03 AM
I didn't weigh him today but when I fed him his fuzzy he was 26g. Since he's an amel motley i can "candle" him and see his insides and he was empty.

IrishInIsengard
05-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Candling? Is that a thing? I've been missing some fun stomach searching on my amel if that's true.

Bt88
05-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Yes, I wasn't sure of the sex of my snake and Shiari suggested it to me. You just shine a light on the opposite side of your snake just to illuminate it. Sort of like when you put your finger over a flashlight and it turns red. I just look for the dark masses inside him. Its helpful to see how close he is to excreting waste. If he has a darker spot closer to his vent I make sure to have some paper towels close by if I'm handling him. I don't do after he's ate and has the lump though, only after 3-4 days after the fact.

Ravenessa
05-29-2015, 09:57 AM
How many days since you fed before? I screwed up with fuzzys once.. I fed every 5 day like I did with pinky, not every 6 and my female regurged. It was too big of a meal too close esp when they are at that weight. Since then I actually wait for my snakes to hit 30 grams before I even do fuzzys. Takes a little longer but I am deadly fearful of regurgs :(

Bt88
05-29-2015, 06:45 PM
It was day 6 when I fed him again. I was trying to do the munson plan but I think I'm with you on this one and will wait until 30grams once I get him back on food again. His 2 weeks will be up on June 10th. I'm not touching him until then either, I've got him on paper towels for substrate right now so I can see everything in his cage including all of his body. I know when I do go back to fuzzy's I'll be slitting them open for a couple months at least. I was so disappointed when I saw he had regurged, not really in him or myself mostly because progress stopped. He's my first little guy so its like a challenge to myself to make sure he grows up nice and healthy. I've got a 4 month old boa now as well who is in quarantine since I hated not being to handle my corn after feedings and now I have both snakes that are in "no touch" time. It'll be worth the wait though, they're both awesome snakes.