PDA

View Full Version : Bad quality food?

Bad quality food?

Niki_Pixie
08-21-2004, 04:35 AM
Ok, So I have just moved my 13month old corn from England to Denmark and the supplier I have found I.M.O has poor quality mice.
He has no fuzzies, they have to be ordered as and when you want them, so for now Hulk is having to eat 2-3 pinkies a time instead.
I have ordered AND PAID FOR fuzzies, they were due in yesterday and I have been told they havent got round to ordering them yet and so I need to wait another week. :headbang:
The pinkies are always frozen together when we get them though so today when I tried to break two off from the clump one came away leaving its head behind :eek1: and the other once defrosted was just so limp and straggly.
Im disgusted especially since they area lot more expensive than the ones I used to get in England.
I am considering breeding them but I only have the one snake so maybe I would end up with more food than I can handle and also Fuzzies and older need to be gassed before freezing, otherwise they take too long to die right?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.
Niki_pixie

Cindy
08-21-2004, 06:25 AM
If your still having difficulties I would be happy to buy the food here in the UK for you and somehow arrange to post it over to you, Im not sure how it would work but there must be a way... Happy to help if I can. :)

Niki_Pixie
08-21-2004, 12:24 PM
thanks for your help :)
my sister is a snake keeper too so if I really have too I will have her get some and post them dry ice packed.
I dont want to do it really though.

Niki_Pixie
08-25-2004, 09:54 AM
ok so I picked up the fuzzies today, they are not really fuzzies, more like small/young mice.
Also they are covered in blood which makes me think they weren't killed particulalry humanely.
I think I am just going to have to go with the idea of breeeding my own and building my gas chamber, which will take a bit of researching.
any help in building one would be great. i have ideas but more brains than 1 is better.