PDA

View Full Version : what besides crypto can cause hard belly lump? im scared.

what besides crypto can cause hard belly lump? im scared.

Ravenessa
06-28-2015, 01:28 PM
so I fed my snakes 5 days ago. Either way was showing them to a friend late last night and discovered a hard lump consistent with crypto. He is eating and pooping fine so far. The vet will get a stool sample on Tuesday or Friday depending on whEn he defficates. This is one of the babies I have had the longest. I am heartbroken right now and have cried all night. I need good thoughts. Him and his brother are in their own quarantine section right now. Brother is having no signs of it so far but I'm not taking a chance. I have never let snakes mingle or use the same water bowls etc. I am hoping that it's something else but its a hard lump so I doubt it. I was crying all night and at work today. Bos almost sent me home. Please any ideas as to what it can be.

Rigby & Marcy
06-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey, I'm not an expert on lumps but I hate seeing this kind of post with no replies. Maybe an impaction, maybe just holding his poop... anyway sending you positive thoughts. Hope it's nothing serious. <3

albertagirl
06-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Hey, I'm not an expert on lumps but I hate seeing this kind of post with no replies. Maybe an impaction, maybe just holding his poop... anyway sending you positive thoughts. Hope it's nothing serious. <3

I agree. You definitely have my moral support... but I have no knowledge on the question asked. Hoping for a good report from the vet for your baby!!

DollysMom
06-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Just FYI, this is the first I saw this. You have all my moral support. Possible crypto is very scary. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Ravenessa
07-27-2015, 11:49 PM
Thank you for your well wishes.. So I pushed the meet with the vet away for a little while. Denial and break down I guess.
Instead of fecal we did a stomach wash, and it came back negative, the swelling in the body also disappeared for now.

My vet said I should retest in another 2 months or if the lump comes back to be on the safe side. He said that the stomach wash is often much more accurate, he also had me bring the snake in 3 days after he ate?

He felt that if the snake was still fine in 2 months and if it came back negative that I can most likely consider the snake negative and there was something else going on. He hasn't had any swelling since, and this was a week after eating so I do not know what that lump was. I am thinking that maybe he tensed himself or a localized swelling for other reason?

All and all it's been 4 weeks since he had the lump he has had 5 meals and all has gone down nice and easy.

btw can the lump go away if it is crypto? I forgot to ask my vet that.. Or we don't know enough about it to know?

albertagirl
07-28-2015, 12:57 AM
All and all it's been 4 weeks since he had the lump he has had 5 meals and all has gone down nice and easy.

Well that sounds promising!!

Shiari
07-28-2015, 01:52 AM
Once they become clinical with crypto, they don't become un-clinical. So no, the lump wouldn't go away. I'd say it's very promising that he had a temporary blockage that has resolved.

Rigby & Marcy
07-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Sounds like he's on the mend! Glad to hear.

Ravenessa
07-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Ok because I did see someone elses thread where the first lump went away. Or could it just have been decreasing to then increase? the snake that was from Petco that died, they had a second thread they made first before the crypto was confirmed.

But blockage is not good either.. Maybe I should ensure to give him some more exercise to keep his insides flowing.

So what can cause blockage?

Thank you Shiari I feel a lot better when you pro's chime in. I have been petrified.. <3

Ravenessa
07-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Thank you all guys <3 <3 I love my little worms!

obboi34
07-28-2015, 02:28 PM
sometimes my big guy is slow to digest and up to four days after feeding I can locate the final few bones from his prey. It could just be something like that.

DollysMom
07-28-2015, 03:59 PM
This is very good news. Thanks for the update!