• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

She ate! Finally

BW11

I bought a corn on the 11th and combed through the forums ant tried everything that anyone recommend and nothing worked. I sent a message to the guy I bought her from and he said that the breeder he got them from only fed live.

I waited three days until Monday and fed a live pinky and took it out when it died. I have to say, going two weeks with no feeding I was pretty anxious.

I bought another live pinky on Friday. I put them in a Tupperware in the Viv covered it with a towel an left them overnight. In the morning I checked and she hadn't ate. I took them both out of the Tupperware and put her Viv how I usually have it and since the pinky was still alive I put it under a hide. I checked on it Sat evening and the pinky was somehow still alive, but uneaten. I put it under the paper in the corner she likes to curl up in and covered the Viv with the towel again and in the morning no pinky.

This is my first time owning a reptile and I chose a corn snake because I had heard how easy they feed but I don't think she would have gone near the pinky if she hadn't been hungry.

The guy I got her from said that she was born this year and they said that she was 15 inches but I don't know about that. She is pink now but she supposed to grow pure white, whiteout they call it. I don't know anything about genes and I don't how they can guarantee what a grown snake will look like but it's going to look awesome no matter, I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad she ate for you. Since she didn't have much more interest in live than frozen/thawed, I would try a f/t for her next feeding. There are a few tricks such as cutting slits in the mouse or cutting the head open that can make them more attractive to eat. It would be good to get her off live as soon as possible.

That's what everything has said. The cutting and the braining, I tried. I have no qualms about mutilating a dead mouse, I'm just happy she ate, really. I figure that that I can always work on switching her over. I don't want want to deal with driving to the store once a week. But for now it's okay.

Back